New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo, NY
 Login/Join

Picture of The Short Guy
posted
Heading from cold miserable Minnesota to snowy, cold Buffalo next week for business. Any tips, spots to hit, decent B&M's, or BOTL's in the area?
Thanks

Living the Dream...

Posts: 286 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Short Guy
posted Hide Post
Be there 1/12/-1/17

Living the Dream...

Posts: 286 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Magicoa
posted Hide Post
Grover's for burgers, Riverstone for steaks.

Posts: 1511 | Registered: March 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Associate Editor, Cigar Aficionado
Picture of Gregory Mottola
posted Hide Post
Grab a beef on weck. Lots of places make it. Every Buffalonian has his or her opinion which place makes the best one.

Posts: 2165 | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hydragoat
posted Hide Post
Drive to Niagara Falls, Ontario and grab a few smokes at
Gordons Cigar Store,
5860 Ferry St.,
905-358-7425

At times like these I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young.'
`Why, what did she tell you?'
`I don't know, I didn't listen.'"

Out of one, many.

Posts: 9638 | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Supercharged
posted Hide Post
Virgil avenue tobacconist is a great cigar store and lounge with a great selection of sticks. If you like charcoal grilled hotdogs Ted's Hotdogs is a Buffalo institution with multiple locations in the area. They are awesome. Be sure to get the homemade onion rings also.

Posts: 292 | Location: cold,crappy Canada | Registered: May 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of super charged
posted Hide Post
For food you have to try Ted's Hotdogs. A Buffalo institution. Grilled over charcoal with all the fixins and get the homemade onion rings. Awesome!! There are multiple locations throughout Buffalo. For cigars try Virgil avenue tobbacconist. Great selection and nice lounge. Good folks there.

Posts: 115 | Location: cold,crappy Canada | Registered: May 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TINDER BOX NO. 362
8212 TRANSIT ROAD
WILLIAMSVILLE, NY 14221

and

Nice Ash Cigar Lounge
5334 Transit Rd, Depew, NY 14043

Posts: 253 | Registered: September 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ravenwood
posted Hide Post
Virgil's is the best for cigars. Bob or Bruce will take care of ya. Just tell them the Cigar Aficionado boys sent ya. Wink

6 Virgil Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216
(716) 873-6461

Ted's is common must do.

If you like craft beers and some adventurous food, try the Blue Monk.

727 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222

Blue Monk

RW

In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore...E.A. Poe

Slippin away, sitting on a pillow...waiting for night to fall...

They're probably drinkin coffee an smokin big cigars - Johnny Cash

Posts: 1687 | Location: Eden | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Short Guy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I won't have a vehicle, so I will be sticking to spots near downtown where I am staying. I think Virgil's is about 5-6 miles away, so I might have to cab it, I guess. Surprised no one mentioned the Anchor Bar place, where buffalo wings were invented. Is it overhyped?

Living the Dream...

Picture of super charged
posted Hide Post
Yes, Anchor bar is a tourist trap. Different ownership that the original owners and from what I heard not even the original recipe. There is a Ted's Hotdogs a couple miles north of Virgils. Go!!
quote:
Originally posted by The Short Guy:
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I won't have a vehicle, so I will be sticking to spots near downtown where I am staying. I think Virgil's is about 5-6 miles away, so I might have to cab it, I guess. Surprised no one mentioned the Anchor Bar place, where buffalo wings were invented. Is it overhyped?

Posts: 115 | Location: cold,crappy Canada | Registered: May 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Squarehead
posted Hide Post
Virgil's is the place to go for a smoke,nice lounge to sit down for a smoke.Good prices too.My place to go when I go over to Buffalo.

"The world is a book,those who don't travel read only one page",St.Augustine

Posts: 2001 | Location: Brantford,Ontario | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post