Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    Project: Custom Cabinet Humidor
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project: Custom Cabinet Humidor
 Login/Join

Picture of str8dog
posted Hide Post
It's drop dead gorgeous G!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---

Look away, and cast not your eyes upon me ... for I am the WorSwisherSire.

May 12/14 Trader Feedback +62

Bobby Orr wants his hometown back.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Trawna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of famoso2166
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I envy you! Hope you enjoy it for many years. How many boxes do you approximate that it will hold?

Supercharged is currently under moderator censorship for no good reason.

Posts: 876 | Location: cold,crappy Canada | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Philllys
posted Hide Post
Damn that's a nice cabinet, kinda makes my coolidor look like sh*t

Posts: 483 | Location: Gatineau, Qc | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elektrik Effekt:
...thank you for sharing it with all of us! Smile

Sharing with you gentlemen, such an exciting and extensive project like this one, was my pleasure. Needless to say, your various comments along the way were greatly appreciated.

quote:
Originally posted by Eric B.:
I hope delivery isn't to far.

The shop is located approximately forty minutes from my residence. The shelves, mouldings, doors and back wall will be removed prior to delivery.

quote:
Originally posted by famoso2166:
How many boxes do you approximate that it will hold?

Difficult to say, as it all depends on the size of the boxes and such. You also want to avoid overfilling the cabinet.

The bottom shelf is reserved for cigar jars.

Posts: 1343 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that. is. sick. (in the good way)

Posts: 26 | Location: WV | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did that beautiful humi make it safe and sound. It better have!!

Can't we all just get along?

Posts: 301 | Location: SGV, CA. | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very very nice bosshog, Im very impressed.
What is the name of that stain?

Posts: 586 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric B.:
Did that beautiful humi make it safe and sound. It better have!!

Yes it did my fellow brother. Although, it was quite tricky getting it down to the basement lounge area.

quote:
Originally posted by aspect:
What is the name of that stain?

It is manufactured by Woodwright and it is called Rich Tobacco.

Posts: 1343 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Squarehead
posted Hide Post
"Rich Tobacco"how fitting.

"The world is a book,those who don't travel read only one page",St.Augustine

Posts: 2005 | Location: Brantford,Ontario | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love to see some pictures of it in your new room..

Can't we all just get along?

Posts: 301 | Location: SGV, CA. | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As you will eventually see, no expense was spared in making this project.[/QUOTE]

SPANISH CEDAR = $489.00.........SOLID MAPLE = $290.64.........."HUMINATOR MEDIUM" HUMIDIFIER = €689.00...........STAIN = 37.99.............custom totalmente a mano holygrail of humidors = PRICELESS

Posts: 679 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE INDEED!

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil....... the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chip In
posted Hide Post
Awesome humidor BossHog. You must be very proud of it. It's going to look even better once its filled with cigars too...

I smoke, therefore I am. - me

Posts: 136 | Location: Montreal | Registered: December 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

The cabinet has been in my possession for slightly over a week now. The Huminator system is functioning impeccably, maintaining the same level of relative humidity throughout.

Stain 8

Filling up the humidor was somewhat overwhelming. The logistics of it all. Utilizing as much space while ensuring not to overfill the humidor. Luckily, I was able to store all of my full boxes and jars, which is what I was hoping for.

Picture of sk00ts
posted Hide Post
She sure is a thing of beauty!

Posts: 660 | Location: Edmonton, AB | Registered: March 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post