Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    Project: Custom Cabinet Humidor
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project: Custom Cabinet Humidor
 Login/Join

Picture of canoefoot
posted Hide Post
Looks like your own personal security system for the cigars you'll be storing in the humidor!
Feed him well Smile

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

Posts: 1718 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: December 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Robertg
posted Hide Post
Forgive me if you've already been asked this question...But will you still need to season the humidor.and if so, how long before you can start to fill it up..?..
Fantastic job btw...!!

Posts: 39 | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of str8dog
posted Hide Post
"Looks like your own personal security system for the cigars you'll be storing in the humidor!
Feed him well"

quote:
Originally posted by str8dog:
Boss Hog, would you please send me an application to be your Head of Security. We'll have a duplicate key made for you. Thank you.

canoefoot, I already have dibs on that job, although it looks like there may be a dogfight to decide!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---

Look away, and cast not your eyes upon me ... for I am the WorSwisherSire.

Chillin' with seegars, geetars, under pars ... oh ya, and Scotch.--

Posts: 3644 | Location: Trawna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robertg:
...will you still need to season the humidor.and if so, how long before you can start to fill it up..?..

The seasoning process is quite simple.

Once the active system is turned on, it should take approximately a week before cigars can be properly stored inside the cabinet.

A bowl or two of distilled water can also be added inside the cabinet in order to facilitate this process.

Slow and steady is key.

Posts: 1260 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Squarehead
posted Hide Post
That all looks very impressive,can't wait to see the finished product.

"The world is a book,those who don't travel read only one page",St.Augustine

Posts: 1997 | Location: Brantford,Ontario | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Progress regarding the fitment of the solid maple crown moulding.

Crown Moulding 1

Crown Moulding 2

Notice the domino that was inserted for added structurability.

Crown Moulding 3

Crown Moulding 4

Crown Moulding 5

Crown Moulding 6

Crown Moulding 7

Crown Moulding 8

Test fitting the crown moulding on the cabinet. Perfect.

Crown Moulding 9

A pre-stain conditioner is applied to the wood.

Crown Moulding 10

Crown moulding is stained and ready for install.

Crown Moulding Base 1

Solid maple base on which the crown moulding will be mounted.

Crown Moulding Base 2

Posts: 1260 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<hektik>
posted
I want one it looks amazing.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chip In
posted Hide Post
This is a beautiful project! Thank you for sharing its evolution with us friend. The right tools in the right hands can truly create wonderful things. This humidor will be awesome! If envy is a sin, then by god, I am a sinner...

I smoke, therefore I am. - me

Posts: 132 | Location: Montreal | Registered: December 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chip In:
Thank you for sharing its evolution with us friend.

It is my pleasure gentlemen.

Needless to say, all your wonderful comments are also well appreciated on my part.

Surely Mr. Delorme feels the same way.

Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Base Moulding 2

The bottom moulding has been assembled and a pre-stain conditioner has been applied to the wood.

Base Moulding 3

The stain has been applied and the moulding is now ready to be mounted onto the cabinet.

Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Base Moulding 4

Crown Moulding 13

A coat of satin finish has been applied to both mouldings.

Crown Moulding 12

As you can see, the difference between the two steps. With and without the satin finish.

Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
Boss, this is truly a work of art. Someone without a fondness for cigars such as ourselves would appreciate the craftsmanship of this unit based purely on your woodworking skills. Keep it up. I can't wait to see it finished and loaded with cigars.

You got enough sticks to fill this hog up?

quote:
Originally posted by Boss Hog:
UPDATE:

Base Moulding 4

Crown Moulding 13

A coat of satin finish has been applied to both mouldings.

Crown Moulding 12

As you can see, the difference between the two steps. With and without the satin finish.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. - William Wallace

Posts: 934 | Location: Ky, USA | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KF:
...based purely on your woodworking skills.

Not my skills my fellow brother. Mr. Delorme is the craftsman.

quote:
Originally posted by KF:
You got enough sticks to fill this hog up?

Frankly, I think this cabinet will be fully stacked.

Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frankly, I think this cabinet will be fully stacked.

What a noob. Don't you know your supposed to go bigger. ALWAYS bigger! Smile

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 8939 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shlomo:
What a noob. Don't you know your supposed to go bigger. ALWAYS bigger! Smile

Initially, the plans were to build a 24" armoire. Wink