Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    Issues with Online Ordering Cigars/Humidors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Issues with Online Ordering Cigars/Humidors
 Login/Join

posted
Has anybody else been having these same issues?

I used www.cigarhumidors-online.com to order a humidor and some accessories, and had to bug them for at least 2 or 3 weeks over the phone and their online chat before they finally shipped it. I ordered from them a second time (they were the only site that had the item i wanted) and had the same issues. I phoned them to confirm it had been shipped and got a "oh yeah, we just don't have a tracking number update, but its on its way". The next morning i got an email with the tracking number in it, and "electronic shipping info received" as the first item the day before

Now i ordered from www.cheaphumidors.com. Again, the only site i could find with my item that i wanted (and it was 6 months before said item was in stock again) so i ordered some cigars, a humidor, and some accessories as gifts. The cigars and accessories arrived a week and a half ago, but the humidor was just shipped today - more than a month since i made the original order. I even messaged them online 2 or 3 times now to check if it had been shipped, and when my humidor didn't arrive to confirm that it had been shipped separately. Of course "yeah, it should be there in a day or two" was the answer.

My question is, am i just having terrible luck, Is this just normal for these sorts of transactions with online dealers, or is it my own fault for not using better sources?

Sorry, just quite frustrated!

----------------------------------------------------------------
My friends only smoke the finest cigars -- Mine

Posts: 444 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: February 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe just bad luck?
I've ordered from cheaphumidors last year and have had a family member use them as well - no issues.
Sorry to hear

Posts: 586 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
perhaps its to do with international ordering, but it's just annoying. Sorry, mostly just frustrated.

Posts: 444 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: February 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
What are you buying? Humidors or accessories?

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9065 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shlomo:
What are you buying? Humidors or accessories?

from cigarhumidors-online i bought a humidor, oasis ultra, cutter, lighter, punch cutter, etc. and also a multipack of cigars. When it was finally shipped, it all came as one, and no problems with customs.

From cheaphumidors, i bought a box of cigars, 3 of the cigar flasks, a pack of beads (all of those items shipped and arrived together, no issues with customs), and a small humidor which im still waiting on.

Picture of Firebender
posted Hide Post
I ordered an end table cabinet humidor on line, and it took almost a month for them to ship.

It looks like most the humidor sites don't keep some humidors in stock, and get them from importer/distributor once order is in.

My vendor was in Las Vegas, but the humidor shipped from Weston Florida.

If my guess is right a lot of delays are caused because my vendor owes the importer payment, so until it's sorted out between them, new orders were not shipped.

Posts: 1823 | Location: United States | Registered: August 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of famoso2166
posted Hide Post
Could it be that this is Christmas shopping season and the busiest time of year for online retailers and shippers, UPS,FEDEX? Might be the problem?

Supercharged is currently under moderator censorship for no good reason.

Posts: 876 | Location: cold,crappy Canada | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by famoso2166:
Could it be that this is Christmas shopping season and the busiest time of year for online retailers and shippers, UPS,FEDEX? Might be the problem?

I wouldn't say so. I don't see why it takes a full month and more before they even ship it to me. Also, i ordered it during the first few days of November which should have been before the christmas rush.

Once the first part of my order had shipped, it arrived fairly quickly. It is in the actual processing that's taking forever.

And from the cigarhumidors-online site, both of those orders were placed nowhere near christmas, and both took a long time to process

I shouldn't have to phone and ask them whether or not they've shipped it. And if it does take awhile to ship (as a rule) then they should tell me as much when i phone and not say "oh it should arrive in a few days"

Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
Thats just lousy customer service. Delay in the actual shipping of the package is understandable, but a delay in getting it out of the warehouse or store is unacceptable.

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9065 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shlomo:
Thats just lousy customer service. Delay in the actual shipping of the package is understandable, but a delay in getting it out of the warehouse or store is unacceptable.

I agree. You can't control USPS or customs, but you sure as heck can control when it ships. The specific item was also newly back in stock about 3 days before i placed the order.

posted Hide Post
Credit where it's due: Cheap Humidors is giving me a $30 credit towards a future order

Picture of SnakeDoctor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philly_g28:
Credit where it's due: Cheap Humidors is giving me a $30 credit towards a future order

There you go buddy. At least they've made up for the delay.

Posts: 438 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jazzmonkey
posted Hide Post
I ordered a cutter and a lighter from cheaphumidor, no problem got my order in a couple of weeks.

Also got a nice Savoy humidor from pipesandcigars and got it under two weeks.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Since I've never ordered cigars online, how does it work with customs is it worth it?

Posts: 297 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: August 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeDoctor:
There you go buddy. At least they've made up for the delay.

Yup, i'm actually quite pleased right now.

quote:
Since I've never ordered cigars online, how does it work with customs is it worth it?

I've only had limited experience myself, but this is so far what i've found.

On my first order (humi, accessories, and a 5 pack of cigars) i had to pay GST on the order when it came in. My next order (humi, box of cigars, humidifier) there was nothing owing on it. On this last order (accessories, box of cigars) it appeared in my mailbox and i didn't even have to go pick it up at the post office. Again, nothing owing.

Online, the prices appear to be roughly 1/5 of what i'm paying per stick here in town. Of course, that's a box price X quantity compared with just 1 stick, but it's still a big difference.

Cheap humidors listed cigars in the contents, and there was still no charge. But from what i've heard on here, they have been known to charge 1.5X the price as an additional fee. Still, this is 2.5X the price instead of 5X the price, so it's not bad.

Picture of jazzmonkey
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'd be curious to see if there's a big difference for taxes between AB and QC...

Posts: 297 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: August 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post