Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    S.T Dupont Lighter (Price and Source)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.T Dupont Lighter (Price and Source)
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone,

I love natural flame lighters instead of torch lighters.

We know that many of Duponts are fake around.

1) My question is which model is the cheapest ST Dupont lighter

and

2) Can you advise me reliable web sites, where can i buy original Dupont ?

(I've looked ebay, there is many of originals but many of them fake)

3) And i found that a adapter for refill duponts anyone use this ?

http://www.robusto.com/miva/me...Category_Code=dptadp

Thank you from now for your answers...

Posts: 326 | Registered: February 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a cigar retailer that I have full trust when buying anything. They carry the Dupont Maxijet Xtend lighters for a price that is reasonable. No fakes here. Also, this is a reliable retailer for cigars (every cigar is sold as both by the box or also a singles). The Xtend lighters have a full 1-year warranty, but most guys who find that they last many years without need of service if you use quality butane. And these produce a laser flame. Nice lighters.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/Dupont_Lighters_list

Note: I've seen these Duponts at a lower rate on 2 other websites...but I would not trust either of those.

Posts: 3169 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: August 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Sanders:
Here is a cigar retailer that I have full trust when buying anything. They carry the Dupont Maxijet Xtend lighters for a price that is reasonable. No fakes here. Also, this is a reliable retailer for cigars (every cigar is sold as both by the box or also a singles). The Xtend lighters have a full 1-year warranty, but most guys who find that they last many years without need of service if you use quality butane. And these produce a laser flame. Nice lighters.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/Dupont_Lighters_list

Note: I've seen these Duponts at a lower rate on 2 other websites...but I would not trust either of those.

Thank you for your answer but these Duponts torch flame.

Picture of JasonI
posted Hide Post
Finally a topic I know something about. I like you wanted a Dupont lighter and there was no way I could afford one at $1000+ price tag. So what did I do? I stalked craigslist, almost every day for a year. Until one day, I see some guy selling "a gold lighter" that was his grandfather's who had recently passed away. He didn't list a price and when I called he said "Y'know a friend of my grandfather's gave him this for his birthday one year and he never used it, I have no idea how much it's worth" I identified it as a Dupont and offered him $75, he told me that was fine if I would come and pick it up......He lived far so I told him $50 =P I actually sent it to Dupont, they cleaned it up and restored it because it was old even though brand new. (Authentic).

Next question, I actually bought that adapter from robusto.com. It actually doesn't work all that great, however I talked to the guy and am meeting him in person this upcoming week in Van Nuys, CA to swap it. If it works that's great. We'll see, what happens. I'll update.

-Jason

"Whether I see my humidor as half full or half empty, something's getting smoked"

Posts: 305 | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Day Breaker
posted Hide Post
Your research is done. You can buy many of them “Brand New” for the price many “mooks” out there ask for used ones. No MSRP here. As usual, a little homework is all it takes. Let this be a lesson to you . . .

http://elegantlighters.com/merchant2/

http://www.zeaggars.com/tobacciana/tobacciana.htm

----------------------------
"I would like to electrocute everyone who uses the word "fair" in connection with income tax policies."

--- William F. Buckley, Jr.

Posts: 230 | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoBStaR
posted Hide Post
http://www.atlanticcigar.com/stdupont.html

" . i put two boxes of cigars on the window sill and voila, the cigars became, well, "plump" within a few days. so far the plump damp cigars smoke "better" than the cool dry ones ""i'll have you know i am the only person in the world alive today who has counted to infinity - twice ! so there, you dolt !"-guru frankd
The Te-Amo cigar listed is a dog rocket, I will be replacing it with another premium. I refuse to send out a smoke that I would not keep in my humi. I apologize for even putting this on the list.-RotorWash

Posts: 2038 | Location: Fresh Meadows, New York | Registered: April 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of salibas007
posted Hide Post
i've owned a ST dupont soft flame lighter for a few years now.. it has to be the best lighter I have ever used.. yes, they are expensive, but so are the cigars you're smoking..

and BTW... get the real dupont refills.. they will help keep your lighter woirking like new for decades to come...

my dad has had a dupont for over 30 years.. still works like the first time he flicked it...

if you're gonna spend 1200$ on a lighter (that's what i paid), you should fork out the 8$ for a refill

Posts: 2949 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: November 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonI
posted Hide Post
Well, I said I would update as soon as the adapter story got resolved. I met up with the guy who invented the adapter today and as expected because my dupont is an origional it uses a different adapter. He swapped it out and it now works perfectly. Regarding the fuel, the dupont fuel is 3x refined, and while it isn't the biggest difference in the world I like to use 5x which burns cleaner and less wear and tear on the lighter. Keep in mind Dupont is known for making high quality lighters not fuel. So there you have it.

-Jason

"Whether I see my humidor as half full or half empty, something's getting smoked"

posted Hide Post
What is the difference between L2 and Gastby ?

Picture of JasonI
posted Hide Post
Ligne 2 is their normal line of lighters, Gatsby is special edition, although not too special anymore. The guy who sold me the adapter also mentioned he had a gatsby lighter for sale for $600.

-Jason