Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    Smoking with Strep Throat?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smoking with Strep Throat?
 Login/Join

Picture of Pmpimbura
posted
Docbarry or anyone else qualified might have an answer for this. What does cigar smoke do to strep throat? I have been smoking cigars for 2 days with strep throat. My throat seems to be a little more sensitive but aside from that I haven't noticed any ill effects. My cigars TASTE fine. Is this going to effect my recovery? I wish these muscle pains would go away. Mad

Posts: 4527 | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of saulphx
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon. Smile

Saul
D.B.C. Member #0002
B.A.S.E. #0015 <(0)>
B.A.S.E. Minister of Niggling Details.

Posts: 2674 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wacco
posted Hide Post
Stop smoking for a few days. Smoke will only irritate already sensitive and infected tissue.

--------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Posts: 5773 | Location: Tombstone, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rob G
posted Hide Post
I'm no medical doctor, but I can't imagine that the smoke would be good for your infected throat. Hope you feel better.

Rob G

"A man falls in love with cigars the way he falls in love with a woman. He knows it immediately but explaining why he loves is not so easy to enunciate. We never really know what makes us fall in love. Should we want to? To know is to lift the veil of mystery." - Unknown

Posts: 796 | Location: New York | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bub838
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat. I'm sick as a dog right now but I want to smoke so bad.

___

People aren't smoking cigars to be trendy, cool or stylish. They're smoking cigars because they like them. Because they enjoy the experience. Because for about $5 they can spend an hour sampling one of life's greatest luxuries.
-David Savona

Posts: 1157 | Location: Ferndale, MI | Registered: October 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bulz
posted Hide Post
I know someone who lost their son recently to strep throat. I wouldnt mess with it.

Smoke it.

Posts: 304 | Location: Weston, FL | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Docbarry
posted Hide Post
I agree with WACCO. Don't smoke if you have a sore throat beacuse it will irritate your throat.

If you want, send the cigars that you would have smoked to me and I will personally smoke every one of them for you.

Doc ***** Tobacco is a filthy weed, I like it...

SNOB Member 1033 1/3

Posts: 17691 | Location: In the woods of Dutchess County, NY...Hecho En The Bronx | Registered: May 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of InfrnalSky
posted Hide Post
Docs generosity slays me.

Get better soon Pmp!

Eddie

Posts: 877 | Location: San Francisco, CA USA | Registered: October 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thought this was about stroking Deep Throat...my mistake... Roll Eyes

The risk of kicking butt is you get some crap on your shoe

Posts: 2631 | Location: Jersey, USofA | Registered: May 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pmpimbura
posted Hide Post
I got some antibiotics. Now I just need to stop drinking and smoking long enough to let them work. That might be tough.

BTW, Bulz, very sorry to hear about that. Its kinda scary. I don't feel too bad right now so I forget how serious strep infections can be.

Doc, sorry, I'm fresh out of opus, pepperoni, and even marsh wheelings. There is nothing in my humidor for ya. Big Grin

Picture of motorcyclenut
posted Hide Post
Step away from the humidor and the liquor cabinet PMP. General opinion of the emergency room staff.

Hope you feel better real soon.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marines." Eleanor Roosevelt 1945

Posts: 711 | Location: Williamsburg, Va | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bluesky5553
posted Hide Post
okay...now I can see the stop smoking thing with strep....but stop drinking....thats just too much for a man to endure

Mike

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to
interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
Mark Twain

Posts: 1487 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: October 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J-ROD
posted Hide Post
Hope you get better soon PMP, I agree with most here step away from the humidor. As for the drinks maybe just one won't hurt Big Grin

I'm just a few days past taking a cycle of antibiotics for bronchitis (still taking an inhaler) but we got our profit sharing checks yesterday morning so I HAD to have a smoke to celebrate Eek

""GO BUCKEYES!"

Posts: 601 | Location: My House | Registered: August 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the_stogemiester
posted Hide Post
Drink some hot Green tea, it will help.

B.A.S.E #0000 <(o)>
C.L.A.S.P. #0000

Posts: 4793 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pmpimbura
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the well wishing. Last night I maybe got a little too carried away with the drinks and the smokes. Now I will stop because it feels like my mouth and throat is on fire. Oh well, you live you learn. You were all correct.

Strep throat = not a good time to smoke and drink!