Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    What do you do to minimize smoke mouth the morning after?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you do to minimize smoke mouth the morning after?
 Login/Join

Picture of RLBARN
posted Hide Post
Ditto on boolee's comment, and ditto on alloy's comment. I just read about fennel seeds this week. Also, I almost never smoke non-cubans these days. Since I switched to CCs, my wife has never mentioned anything about cigar breath. She does, however, still complain about my clothes smelling of smoke. Oh well.

Posts: 153 | Registered: March 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just read about fennel seeds as well. I'll probably give it a whirl.

Carthago delenda est

Posts: 1540 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: August 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boolee
posted Hide Post
I've tried the mouthwash thingy and i'm gonna give the seeds a try

Give life a try...

Posts: 791 | Location: Hollywood, SC | Registered: September 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DIY-pete
posted Hide Post
I've never been a fan of fennel seeds but I will have to give this a try as well.

Pete

Cigars are bad for the Body but good for the Soul.

Posts: 847 | Registered: November 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elcaribe
posted Hide Post
Fennel works chew them before bed.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Posts: 4362 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Magicoa
posted Hide Post
Noshing on the bearded clam works for me.

Posts: 1642 | Registered: March 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Firebender
posted Hide Post
While brushing teeth, scrape off that white stuff on tongue. It reduces most bad breath including cigar breath..

Posts: 1824 | Location: United States | Registered: August 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of See Gar
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember anchovie2 raising the point of alcohol-based mouthwashes being risky for tobacco smokers.

I use a modified chlorine mouthwash called UltraDex (formerly RetarDex, believe it or not). Works astonishingly well, and has no taste, which I like. You can buy it from Amazon.

It's not only about oral hygiene, however. If you want to get rid of all traces of the aroma (a shame, I rather like the taste) you should change your clothes, put your smoky ones far away, shower and use a neti pot.

If you still get complaints, your partner simply doesn't want you to smoke cigars.

Posts: 1523 | Location: London, United Kingdom | Registered: August 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stogie Mcgee
posted Hide Post
Try a cucumber slice and or a lime wedge. The acids in both will cut through the lingering smoke. The lime juice is a bonus because of the high amount of juice. Make sure you wash or swirl around completely.

"Barack Obama did not inherit a mess. He leads a mess. He inherited the United States of America, where anything is possible."

"What do Obama and God have in common? How do they differ? God does not think he's Obama."

Posts: 370 | Registered: November 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dr. Wu
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wkndsmoker:
Brew a nice pot of coffee, and head out to the deck for a morning smoke.

X2
~

"Even on a bad night a Steely Dan show puts more musicality and skill on display than pretty much any band."

Posts: 4542 | Location: New England | Registered: May 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I typical enjoy my cigars later afternoon or early evening.

Have found enjoying a post smoke meal with a tomato base sauce (pizza, ravioli, etc.) helps minimize smoke mouth the next morning.

Posts: 22 | Registered: April 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hydragoat
posted Hide Post
Coprophagia will mask the cigar smell. Never tried it myself.

At times like these I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young.'
`Why, what did she tell you?'
`I don't know, I didn't listen.'"

Out of one, many.

Posts: 10178 | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trestone:
Smartmouth Mouthwash helps.

I second the SmartMouth Mouthwash, CA actually did a write up of it to help prevent cigar mouth a while back. Thats why I picked it up has helped ever since.

Vir Quisque Vir

Posts: 36 | Location: Albuqueruqe, New Mexico | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got these things in asia. Not sure what they are exactly bc i cant read korean and i threw out the package, but they are something like 99.9% silver or something. Tiny lil pebble things. 4-5 of em and the taste is all gone within 10 min

Posts: 1083 | Location: United States | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought fennel seeds at the store yesterday and tried them. They do a pretty good job.

Posts: 729 | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post