Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    Boveda cedar holder question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boveda cedar holder question
 Login/Join

posted
Just bought a couple of bulk packs of the boveda 69% humidipaks, but also wanted to get 3 of the cedar holders. Searched here and in google, but couldnt figure out exactly how the holder magnet mounting kit works. I have humidors with steel plates in them(IMAS) system, so i was wondering if i could just use the boveda magnet kit without having to stick any adhesive to the lid of my humidor. If anyone has these, i'd love to know if that's doable. My xikar hygro with magnet wont attach to the lid-i have to stick another magnet on the lid, which i was hoping to avoid

Posts: 1083 | Location: United States | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used velco tape. No problems yet for me..

Can't we all just get along?

Posts: 301 | Location: SGV, CA. | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just flop them in the humi, no need for a fancy holding device IMO. Use the money saved on a cigar instead.

Carthago delenda est

Posts: 1530 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: August 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JB-07
posted Hide Post
If there is metal on your humidor lid that should work if it is magnetic. I used the adhesive metal plate that was supplied. It failed after about a year, so I used superglue. It stays now but is irreversible. Not a problem for me since it covers up the spot where the analog hygrometer left an adhesive mark anyway.

"The future is no place to place your better days"

Posts: 3474 | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JB-thanx alot. Was hoping u saw this bc when i searched it, saw u saying u had em, but u didnt have an email listed. Gonna order a couple of em

Posts: 1083 | Location: United States | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Magicoa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mudville9:
I just flop them in the humi, no need for a fancy holding device IMO. Use the money saved on a cigar instead.

Sage advice. The humidity will be constant throughout your humidor, no matter where you place the Bovedas, i.e, gravity is not an issue.

Posts: 1584 | Registered: March 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post