Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    Trying to force spring?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to force spring?
 Login/Join

Picture of martymonty
posted
Here I sit in southern Ontario,day off,watching light rain/snow! Frown Prime cigar smoking season for me ( temps at least in the 50's or low to mid teens in C) I think I'm going to clean the garage and search for a few dog bombs in the melting snow! I will then reward myself with a ill smoke, got a Bolivar coronas junior I want to try! Even though I just got back from Key West a few weeks ago(great smoking weather there), this winter is really getting me down. This should be a nice pick me-up. Bring on spring!!

My drinking team has a hockey problem!

Posts: 190 | Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario | Registered: January 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martymonty:
Here I sit in southern Ontario,day off,watching light rain/snow! Frown Prime cigar smoking season for me ( temps at least in the 50's or low to mid teens in C) I think I'm going to clean the garage and search for a few dog bombs in the melting snow! I will then reward myself with a ill smoke, got a Bolivar coronas junior I want to try! Even though I just got back from Key West a few weeks ago(great smoking weather there), this winter is really getting me down. This should be a nice pick me-up. Bring on spring!!

I like this post. i myself am also over the cold weather. We haven't seen much snow this winter but It's pretty dang chilly. Bring on the warm weather, carshows, and all things the summer brings!

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. - William Wallace

Posts: 943 | Location: Ky, USA | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chip In
posted Hide Post
I'm here in Qc. I must say, we are earning our summer this year. This winter has brought a cocktail of crap: snow, freezing rain, bitter cold...ect. I too am jonsing for the spring. Pleasant outside smokes and golf season is soon upon us my brothers. Despair not!

I smoke, therefore I am. - me

Posts: 136 | Location: Montreal | Registered: December 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dr. Wu
posted Hide Post
Long way to go here in NE. Vacation next week will break up the winter but for us to be comfortable in shorts it will be late May. Or, later.

"Even on a bad night a Steely Dan show puts more musicality and skill on display than pretty much any band."

Posts: 4491 | Location: New England | Registered: May 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from 7 weeks in Florida, enjoyed a cigar nearly every day. Now snow and rain for a few weeks. Will have a few in the garage though.

Posts: 740 | Location: Stratford Ontario | Registered: December 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of puromaniac
posted Hide Post
Can't paint all of Canada with the same cold colors. Sunny and 10 C in Vancouver and perfect weather for enjoying a Monty 4. Usually the rain that dampens the urge and enjoyment.

Posts: 194 | Location: Vancouver BC | Registered: May 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elcaribe
posted Hide Post
Hang in there Spring is on the way

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Posts: 4256 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Docbarry
posted Hide Post
When I bought my home here in the woods I told MrsDoc that I MUST HAVE a dedicated smoking room which became the Den/aka the Man-Cave.

Let it snow, rain, freeze or broil.

Doc ***** Tobacco is a filthy weed, I like it...

SNOB Member 1033 1/3

Posts: 17803 | Location: In the woods of Dutchess County, NY...Hecho En The Bronx | Registered: May 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Docbarry:
When I bought my home here in the woods I told MrsDoc that I MUST HAVE a dedicated smoking room which became the Den/aka the Man-Cave.

Let it snow, rain, freeze or broil.

I guess all women aren't as nice. Mine basically told me not to smoke cigars at all. Come hell or high water I have. Sometimes it's a bigger problem then it's worth.

Posts: 943 | Location: Ky, USA | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged:
Canada is retarded in so many regards, it's not funny. Especially Quebec.

And let's not talk about the 6 months winter with ice, snow, wind, temperatures from -20C to -40C that never end. It's a pain in the a**.

Life's too short to live it in Canada. I am moving to the sun for good in few months. Good riddance.

I didn't realize that Ottawa had 6 months of winter Smile ,here on the eastcoast lately winter starts around the end of Nov and spring lately has sprung in early March.Last March we had low 30*C for 3-4 days and it just got better from there.

"A cigar ought not to be smoked solely by the mouth ,but with the hands,the eyes and with the spirit." Zino Davidoff

Posts: 819 | Location: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: April 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DIY-pete
posted Hide Post
I am ready for spring big time. I need some sunny warm to shake off the winter blues. Of course they are calling for a bunch of snow in a couple of days so it will be back to running the snow blower before heading off to work. Frown

Pete

Cigars are bad for the Body but good for the Soul.

Posts: 846 | Registered: November 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DIY-pete:
I am ready for spring big time. I need some sunny warm to shake off the winter blues. Of course they are calling for a bunch of snow in a couple of days so it will be back to running the snow blower before heading off to work. Frown

Pete

Lately its been below freezing every day. Yesterday, it was 60 degrees and sunny. I get off work and get my car out of the garage and washed it inside and out. All the while I was washing my car my bike is staring at me through the cover. I felt it. I'm ready to take them both out when it warms up. Until then I'll drive the truck I suppose. It's a real bummer.

Picture of BigBruce
posted Hide Post
Sadly, Virginias weather is so bipolar I can't distinguish seasons. Last week we had two days of summer weather, a day of cold hell, a day of snow and the past two days have been cold and rainy. I'm ready to move back to Knoxville already.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco" - George Washington

Posts: 633 | Location: Knoxville | Registered: November 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post