Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    Maine GOP Chairperson Knows Black People, Even Plays Basketball with One.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maine GOP Chairperson Knows Black People, Even Plays Basketball with One.
 Login/Join

Picture of roycigar
posted
Classic. Another case of foot in mouth disease.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com...all-black-guy/59067/

Posts: 2006 | Location: Miramar, La Habana, Cuba | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vision
posted Hide Post
Why?

If someone says the have a black friend, why do race hustlers say this make them racist? What is wrong with you? Desperate to be a victim?

"Living well, is the best revenge."

Posts: 7309 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of roycigar
posted Hide Post
Then why is he being asked to step down....from people in his own party???

http://undercoverporcupine.ban...mediate-resignation/

http://www.kjonline.com/opinio...-now_2012-11-15.html

quote:
Originally posted by Vision:
Why?

If someone says the have a black friend, why do race hustlers say this make them racist? What is wrong with you? Desperate to be a victim?

Posts: 2006 | Location: Miramar, La Habana, Cuba | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vision
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roycigar:
Then why is he being asked to step down....from people in his own party???

http://undercoverporcupine.ban...mediate-resignation/

http://www.kjonline.com/opinio...-now_2012-11-15.html

I don't know. But you can't answer the question can you?

Posts: 7309 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of roycigar
posted Hide Post
Did you bother to step out of the bubble and read the articles?.... Those in his own party view him as racist and have called for him to resign. I see you are treating this like the preelection polls you ignored.

Picture of Vision
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you bother to step out of the bubble and read the articles?.... Those in his own party view him as racist and have called for him to resign. I see you are treating this like the preelection polls you ignored.

I'm asking you again...if someone says they have a black friend, why do race hustlers say this make them racist? What is wrong with you? Desperate to be a victim?

Picture of roycigar
posted Hide Post
He started out making a claim without proof he has failed to provide to this day singling out Blacks and questioning how they could have voted on Election Day. He then doubled down knowing how wrong he was. Back to my question to you, again-- if he did nothing wrong why are those in his own party calling for him to step down???

Picture of Vision
posted Hide Post
quote:
He started out making a claim without proof he has failed to provide to this day singling out Blacks and questioning how they could have voted on Election Day. He then doubled down knowing how wrong he was. Back to my question to you, again-- if he did nothing wrong why are those in his own party calling for him to step down???

That's not what's happening.

I've only been following the story a little. From what I know the issue is lots of blacks showed up in a rural area on election day and everyone was wondering where they live and came from.

But again, if you call me racist. And I reply "I'm not, I have a black friend", why have race hustlers been able to convince many that my reply makes me guilty?

I know you can't answer this but I hope you try.

Picture of roycigar
posted Hide Post
again, he singled out blacks as those who allegedly committed voter fraud without providing any proof backing up his claim...what else is a rationale person to believe?...the fact he claims to play basketball with a black person is all of a sudden supposed to add credibility to his unfounded accusation??

Picture of aspieDL
posted Hide Post
'Tis true, Webster clarifies here:

"I regret saying the word black because it wasn’t like I was singling out black,” Webster said. “The reason I said it, ‘cause I don’t know where you live, but where I come from in rural Maine, it’s a small percentage of the population. I think we’re the whitest state in the country. So if you go to the polls and see people who are black, it’s unusual. And when you see a lot of people who are black, like six or eight or ten people, you think, ‘Wow, where do they live?’ That was my point."

Of course, we probably shouldn't take his word for it--unless that word suggests a tantalizing visage!

The real problem is white people seem incapable of defending against faulty logic, using equally faulty logic and ending up on the defense. Hanging out, playing b-ball with the homies no more absolves one of racism than a foolish comment condemns.

The proper response:

"It appears I miscommunicated an idea leading to inaccurate perceptions about me. Allow me to clarify, [clarification here]. I hope this clears up the matter, thank you."

Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 458 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasLine
posted Hide Post
There arn't any polish people in my neighboorhood, but I do have a Polish friend - we even talk sometimes.

That's a true story.

Am I exhibiting bigotry/racism against the Polish by saying that?

I've even once worked with a White guy/Philippino/Mexican/Black/Indian/Iranian/Somali and German.

I'm friends with a couple of French guys/a bunch of Germans/dozens of Mexicans/a hand full of Philippinos/many white colored people of all derivations/ and a basketball court full of Blacks.... Eek

I am "singling" all these people out.

I'm obviously a complete Racist. That last reference gave it away..actually I just threw it in just to tick you off.

These kind of stories are so ridiculous...it shows a total lack of understanding of what really goes on in the world or to be blunt - in the microcosms of peoples thoughts. But latched on to none-the-less by people wanting to put GOP types/Conservatives into the "Racist" Box.

Shallow, very shallow.

Posts: 3017 | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of roycigar
posted Hide Post
Yet, so far, the loudest cries for him to step down immediately--not when his term ends in December--are coming from within his own party (Lance Dutson, Mark Willis). You would expect them to come to his defense, no?...better yet, maybe he will come up with evidence to support his initial claim or, if he cannot, was it then a stupid claim in the first place? With respect to the busloads of black people who showed up to vote in rural Maine towns--his words, not mine, does this mean no Blacks live in rural areas--they only live in urban areas?....would be nice if he could provide proof of any voter fraud that took place from any person (black, white, Latino, Asian, female, etc.) which he has failed to do thus far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: roycigar,

Picture of Vision
posted Hide Post
quote:
again, he singled out blacks as those who allegedly committed voter fraud without providing any proof backing up his claim...what else is a rationale person to believe?...the fact he claims to play basketball with a black person is all of a sudden supposed to add credibility to his unfounded accusation??

Again, he singled blacks out because lots of blacks showed up to polls where nobody knew them and the citizens of these areas didn't know where they came from. Do you know much about Maine? These areas are very isolated.

Webster defended his initial statement, however, arguing that he meant to say people in small towns generally know their neighbors, and that in the particular complaints he received, some of the allegedly unfamiliar voters were African-American.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-25...ieties-at-the-polls/

Picture of Vision
posted Hide Post
Obama's racism when he calls the woman who raised him a "typical white woman" is fine. Obama spends 20 years in a racist hate church, fine.

This guys got to go through! lol

posted Hide Post
It seems that if you are "white" and someone calls you a racist, for any reason (including no reason), especially if you are in the public eye, there is no defense. You are a racist and anything you say will be interpreted as the ravings of a racist.

Posts: 1338 | Registered: May 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post