Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    Prez Inauguration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prez Inauguration
 Login/Join

Picture of canoefoot
posted
Just following some of it on television. Seems like quite the spectacle.
Never been to DC, but sure seems like an interesting place, perhaps worth a visit?

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

Posts: 1814 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: December 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely worth a visit especially with kids who love the air and space museum.

Posts: 3390 | Location: Ain't no ham like Birmingham | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SAXON9075
posted Hide Post
Definately worth a visit. Could easily spend a week or more there.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 5438 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DIY-pete
posted Hide Post
Agree completely that it's worth a visit. Stay out of DC a ways and ride the subway. It will save a few bucks on the hotel and it's nice not to have to drive in the city itself. Also consider visiting in the winter. There are a lot less people around when it's cold.

pete

Cigars are bad for the Body but good for the Soul.

Posts: 846 | Registered: November 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hypersomniac
posted Hide Post
I've been there six times, with my longest stint being 6 weeks. I love DC. There is a whole lot to see, and always a whole lot going on.

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -- Mark Twain

Posts: 926 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leo Antrassian
posted Hide Post
DC is an amazing city with a great mass transit. Ive been numerous times and cant wait to go again.

---------------
"Ceegar? CohEEEEEEba, MonteKreesto, berrry good price my friend! My Fader work at the factory!"

-Every Swindler in Havana, Cuba

Posts: 538 | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
Have a close friend at the ball tonight. No idea how she got an invite, but she's there. Thought it was pretty cool.

DC is awesome. Air and Space like nixdad said is fun, but my favorite is Natural History. I'm a dinosaur nerd and get a huge kick out of it every time. Americana is fun too. Basically the whole Smithsonian complex is great.

4 major sports teams. Some great pubs, some amazing places to take pics, and just about the cleanest core of any big city in the world. Outside of the main gov't touristy places is not very nice, but beautiful, massive buildings with history and incredible stories attached to every brick. One of my favorite US destinations to visit.

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9078 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of canoefoot
posted Hide Post
I do like the idea of riding the subway, no real intent on renting a car.
I'll do some research, but any first hand experiences with cigar bars, lounges, or shops especially worth the time?

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

Posts: 1814 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: December 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SubChop
posted Hide Post
I liked the Smithsonian the best during my visit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SubChop,

Posts: 2835 | Location: New England | Registered: August 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Magicoa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by canoefoot:
I do like the idea of riding the subway, no real intent on renting a car.
I'll do some research, but any first hand experiences with cigar bars, lounges, or shops especially worth the time?

W. Curtis Draper for cigars.

Shelly's Back Room to smoke them.

Central for lunch or dinner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr. Magicoa,

Posts: 1603 | Registered: March 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of all the trips I've taken in the past 5 years, D.C is my favorite by far.

Granted, I wouldn't go again until January 21, 2017, but that's another story...

Oscuro Smoker

In all the hours I've spent smoking cigars with wealthy men, I've learned to be true what our parents tried to say otherwise. How hard you work does not matter. What matters is who you work for and how well they like you.

Posts: 904 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: September 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post