Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    Favorite Cheap Cigar, time to chime in!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Cheap Cigar, time to chime in!
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for an affordable cigar that I enjoy and can smoke on a regular basis while holding my more important and expensive smokes for aging. I was thinking of the Padron Londres Maduro's but their even about 3 dollars at the moment. What would y'all recommended? School me! Ya forgot to tell yall what I consider cheap. 1-5 Dollar cigars.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bbeberle,

Posts: 810 | Registered: January 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elcaribe
posted Hide Post
Fuente Cuban Corona

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Danilosilni
posted Hide Post
Padron Churchill Maduro
La Reloba Sumatra
Brick House Corona

Just a few off the top of my head.

Posts: 1799 | Location: NYC | Registered: April 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Polar bear
posted Hide Post
I like Alec Bradley Overture Robustos

They go for $81 a box from famous-smoke
Works out to be about $4 per stick

Not a bad price, considering the size

Posts: 462 | Location: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anchovie2
posted Hide Post
What's a "cheap cigar"?

I would highly recommend the Carlos Torano Exodus 50 years box-pressed Robusto (f--k that's a mouthful), but I dunno if it is what you consider "cheap".

Posts: 7869 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the word "cheap" is a little tacky...perhaps affordable would have been a better choice. The more I read about the Padron Londres the more I think it may be the one for me. I got a 5 pack on the way so hopefully this weekend I will get to try it out. Hopefully...

Posts: 810 | Registered: January 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Danilosilni
posted Hide Post
La Riqueza and El triunfador are great cheap smokes also.

Posts: 1799 | Location: NYC | Registered: April 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My idea of a "cheap" cigar is under $10 US per cigar. I consider $10-20 mid range. I consider $20+ to be either Cuban, overpriced, or something really special that I would have at a wedding or something.

Since I don't smoke too often (time constraints and my room mate doesn't like it), I usually go for medium to upper range cigars.

However, I've heard good things about the Honduran St. Luis Rey's and the B&M has them on sale for under 4 bucks per cigar, so sometime this week or next, I'll be stopping in and trying them.

Oh, not to hijack, but, I've heard several different meanings for B&M. Which one is correct?

Oscuro Smoker

In all the hours I've spent smoking cigars with wealthy men, I've learned to be true what our parents tried to say otherwise. How hard you work does not matter. What matters is who you work for and how well they like you.

Posts: 904 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: September 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Danilosilni
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
My idea of a "cheap" cigar is under $10 US per cigar. I consider $10-20 mid range. I consider $20+ to be either Cuban, overpriced, or something really special that I would have at a wedding or something.

Since I don't smoke too often (time constraints and my room mate doesn't like it), I usually go for medium to upper range cigars.

However, I've heard good things about the Honduran St. Luis Rey's and the B&M has them on sale for under 4 bucks per cigar, so sometime this week or next, I'll be stopping in and trying them.

Oh, not to hijack, but, I've heard several different meanings for B&M. Which one is correct?

Brick and Mortar (cigar store/lounge)

posted Hide Post
Oliva V double robusto, Tatuaje P series,
JDN( celebration and Antano).
All of them great cigars.

Also CAO La Traviata is a nice smoke too...

My cigar pic's.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36156317@N06/

Posts: 1562 | Location: Greece | Registered: May 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Docbarry
posted Hide Post
If you want cheap look for:

White Owl
Marsh Wheeling
Dutch Masters
Phillies
Murial

For a little less cheaper:
Antonio y Cleopatra

For just a few pennies more go to:
www.holts.com
www.cigarsinternational.com
www.jrcigars.com
www.famous-smoke.com

and look for some of their bundles. They can be had for about $30.00 for 25 cigars and some are actually not too bad.

Doc ***** Tobacco is a filthy weed, I like it...

SNOB Member 1033 1/3

Posts: 17592 | Location: In the woods of Dutchess County, NY...Hecho En The Bronx | Registered: May 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Firebender
posted Hide Post
cheap, cheap, cheap..

chateau fuente sungrown
cao la traviata
cain daytona robusto
la aurora 107 robusto
la gloria cubana serie r #3 or #4
quesada tributo julio
vallejuelo robusto gordo

Posts: 1823 | Location: United States | Registered: August 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SAXON9075
posted Hide Post
When you say cheap cigars I think of the Muniemaker and Evermore's that used to be made in New Haven. Still around $1 a stick!

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 5376 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the casa magna colorado line. Great cigars that are all almost under $10. The oliva series v no 4 corona is also top notch for under $6.

Posts: 323 | Location: virginia | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigunit66
posted Hide Post
I happen to be one of the few Onyx fans on here.

Posts: 741 | Location: nebraska | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post