Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cigar Talk    humidor and electronic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

humidor and electronic
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I am new member :-)
I hope you can help me...I want to buy a new humidor that will hold say around 150 cigars...I am looking for quality more than appeareance yet within a buget- is there any online retailer or brand you can reccomend? I am based in the UK.

also: to keep the humidity inside, I know there are different methods. I am looking for the most practical and chemical free

how about I buy a Electronic Humidifier? Do you think it will be effective?

thanks in advance for taking the time to reply!

Posts: 8 | Registered: November 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Docbarry
posted Hide Post
I don't know who would ship to the UK, but beads are the way to go for humidity.

Heartfelt industries sells 65 and 70% beads (also known as Silica Gel). They must be available in the UK

Doc ***** Tobacco is a filthy weed, I like it...

SNOB Member 1033 1/3

Posts: 17354 | Location: In the woods of Dutchess County, NY...Hecho En The Bronx | Registered: May 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for the suggestions in terms of humidity. Any other opinion are welcome.

Ben - I live in london and typically cigar shops accessories are v. expensive,I appreciate however they need to make money.. I reckon my limited budget I am better off buying online. In regard to humidity, do you have an electronic humidifier yourself?

Picture of SnakeDoctor
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. For a 150 count humidor, I would not suggest an electronic humidifier. It won't even fit in the humidor and will take too much space. Go with heartfelt beads, they are the most practical for your purposes and work extremely well.

Posts: 437 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks again to all of you for taking the time to reply! I will go for the hearfelt beds. to buy the humidors and accessories can you reccomend any specific brand and/or online store?

posted Hide Post
What's your budget? I don't want to recommend an Elie Bleu if your budget is in line with a Daniel Marshall. Or a Daniel Marshall when your budget is in line with a Craftman's Bench.

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"

Posts: 1354 | Registered: July 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi

my budget would be around 150 pounds or 250 us dollar max...