New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bet
 Login/Join

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
so presley is leaving the forum and bigler owes $25 each to charities of chovie and mines choosing?

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
-Barry Goldwater

Posts: 8125 | Location: Maryland | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cbigler:
Chovie and i have switched our election bet from the loser wearing a tshirt of the winners choice and taking a picture to the loser donating money to winners selected charity and posting proof. Terp is also in on the Obama side.

Thought its a pretty cool thing to do with charities winning out. Perhaps others would like to make the same gentlememly bet with others here...

That being said, I am open for suggestions as to what charities to have these two donate to if they do happen to lose. Make it fun.

can I still get in on this or is it too late?

MajorMajor

Posts: 93 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anchovie2
posted Hide Post
Here you go, 'bigler:

The Australian Wilderness Society - Make a Donation

A screenshot of the acceptance page with a reference number posted on the forum and I will consider your end of the wager fulfilled.

How to take a screenshot.

Posts: 7807 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anchovie2:
Here you go, 'bigler:

The Australian Wilderness Society - Make a Donation

A screenshot of the acceptance page with a reference number posted on the forum and I will consider your end of the wager fulfilled.

How to take a screenshot.

On it...

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” Winston Churchill

Posts: 6323 | Registered: November 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aspieDL
posted Hide Post
I don't believe anyone took me up on a bet. If so, provide the post where it appears they did.

Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 458 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://secure.wilderness.org....id=30526-DNET-323532

This is all they gave me so far...

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” Winston Churchill

posted Hide Post
Terp, your wish is my command.

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Terp, your wish is my command.

http://www.msf.org/msf/donations/donations_home.cfm

there you go

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
-Barry Goldwater

Posts: 8125 | Location: Maryland | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.doctorswithoutbord...ate/confirmation.cfm

posted Hide Post
Terp, if I email to you can you put it up?

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Terp, if I email to you can you put it up?

sure, you could also take the screen grab and upload it to a photobucket account

-Barry Goldwater

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
here it is, id like to thank chris for being a man of his word on this

http://s285.beta.photobucket.c...0bet/proof3.jpg.html

-Barry Goldwater

posted Hide Post
Glad to do it... Both look like very good causes.

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad to do it... Both look like very good causes.

i was thinking about sticking you with a planned parenthood donation, but MSF will make a much better use of your donation than just about any other charity. They are a real first rate charity.

-Barry Goldwater

Picture of sactochris
posted Hide Post
I would have asked him to donate the money to the Black Panthers.

Posts: 2576 | Location: Northern California | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post