New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bet
 Login/Join

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
so presley is leaving the forum and bigler owes $25 each to charities of chovie and mines choosing?

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire the Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."
-Harry S. Truman

Posts: 8445 | Location: Maryland | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cbigler:
Chovie and i have switched our election bet from the loser wearing a tshirt of the winners choice and taking a picture to the loser donating money to winners selected charity and posting proof. Terp is also in on the Obama side.

Thought its a pretty cool thing to do with charities winning out. Perhaps others would like to make the same gentlememly bet with others here...

That being said, I am open for suggestions as to what charities to have these two donate to if they do happen to lose. Make it fun.

can I still get in on this or is it too late?

MajorMajor

Posts: 94 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anchovie2
posted Hide Post
Here you go, 'bigler:

The Australian Wilderness Society - Make a Donation

A screenshot of the acceptance page with a reference number posted on the forum and I will consider your end of the wager fulfilled.

How to take a screenshot.

Posts: 7876 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anchovie2:
Here you go, 'bigler:

The Australian Wilderness Society - Make a Donation

A screenshot of the acceptance page with a reference number posted on the forum and I will consider your end of the wager fulfilled.

How to take a screenshot.

On it...

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” Winston Churchill

Posts: 6461 | Registered: November 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aspieDL
posted Hide Post
I don't believe anyone took me up on a bet. If so, provide the post where it appears they did.

Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 458 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://secure.wilderness.org....id=30526-DNET-323532

This is all they gave me so far...

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” Winston Churchill

posted Hide Post
Terp, your wish is my command.

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Terp, your wish is my command.

http://www.msf.org/msf/donations/donations_home.cfm

there you go

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire the Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."
-Harry S. Truman

Posts: 8445 | Location: Maryland | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.doctorswithoutbord...ate/confirmation.cfm

posted Hide Post
Terp, if I email to you can you put it up?

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Terp, if I email to you can you put it up?

sure, you could also take the screen grab and upload it to a photobucket account

-Harry S. Truman

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
here it is, id like to thank chris for being a man of his word on this

http://s285.beta.photobucket.c...0bet/proof3.jpg.html

-Harry S. Truman

posted Hide Post
Glad to do it... Both look like very good causes.

Picture of thaterp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad to do it... Both look like very good causes.

i was thinking about sticking you with a planned parenthood donation, but MSF will make a much better use of your donation than just about any other charity. They are a real first rate charity.

-Harry S. Truman

Picture of sactochris
posted Hide Post
I would have asked him to donate the money to the Black Panthers.

Posts: 2645 | Location: Northern California | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post