Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cuba and Cuban Cigars    2012 Box Codes- What`s Smoking Good Right Now?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2012 Box Codes- What`s Smoking Good Right Now?
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Everyone,

Which CCs from 2012 are smoking good right now?

Posts: 465 | Location: Waco, TX | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a list of robustos people think are smoking nicely right now.

http://forums.cigaraficionado....7666095/m/8467001042

I had a mid '12 Punch Petit coronation last weekend that was really nice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zero_vertical,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's to dear old Boston, the city of beans and cod;
Where the Lowells talk only to Cabots, and the Cabots talk only to God.

Posts: 650 | Location: The Hub | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dr. Wu
posted Hide Post
PPCE, believe it or not, and BPC.

"Even on a bad night a Steely Dan show puts more musicality and skill on display than pretty much any band."

Posts: 4353 | Location: New England | Registered: May 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Wu:
PPCE, believe it or not, and BPC.

Any particular 2012 box code for the BPCs?

Posts: 465 | Location: Waco, TX | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ReelMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zero_vertical:

What list?

Live your truth......

Posts: 131 | Location: United States | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Partagas Serie E#2

Posts: 670 | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ReelMan:
quote:

What list?

I think he meant a thread.

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9061 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
http://forums.cigaraficionado....7666095/m/8467001042

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9061 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AnRyan
posted Hide Post
Other than the Quintero Favorito, I can't remember smoking a bad cigar from 2012, and the Quintero wasn't even quite "bad", just mediocre, possibly due to it's youth. There's a bitterness there.
Off the top of my head, what I've smoked from 2012 boxes
Monte 520s, not a bad one out of about 10
Partagas Serie D4, 4 or 5 of them all very good.
Diplomatico No. 2, 3 or 4 of them , very nice but prefer my older ones
Partagas 898V, about 10 of them, all very good, again prefer older.
I've smoked 4 or 5 out of a box of 2012 Monte 2, the first Monte 2s I can remember enjoying. I've had bad luck with them in the past.
Rafael Gonzalez Perlas, very nice, not a bad one out of at least 30. Best value out of Cuba at the moment.

"If it was raining soup, the Irish would go out with forks."
Brendan Behan

Posts: 2584 | Location: Dublin | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What list?

Sorry. Copy/Paste fail. Just added it.

Posts: 650 | Location: The Hub | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally dis like 2012 tobacco
! I find it harsh tanic and displeasing. I think 09,10, 11 were much better years. To each his own i guess.

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil....... the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Posts: 1207 | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2ny:
I personally dis like 2012 tobacco
! I find it harsh tanic and displeasing. I think 09,10, 11 were much better years. To each his own i guess.

Try the punch petit coronations. Tastes like a 3 year old stick. I was shocked. I'm going to buy more, because unfortunately, I committed to a box split on that one. Smile

Picture of AnRyan
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention, Por Larranaga Montecarlos and Panetelas have been very good too.

"If it was raining soup, the Irish would go out with forks."
Brendan Behan

Posts: 2584 | Location: Dublin | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2ny:
I personally dis like 2012 tobacco ! I find it harsh tanic and displeasing. I think 09,10 were much better years. I personally dis like 2012 tobacco
! I find it harsh tanic and displeasing. I think 09,10 were much better years. To each his own i guess.

Good reasons exist for 2012 production being inferior to previous years

There are exceptions, though, like Partagas E2s

Posts: 91 | Location: third rock from the sun | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ReelMan
posted Hide Post
What reasons exist, pray tell?

Live your truth......

Posts: 131 | Location: United States | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, I'd like to know as well...

posted Hide Post
I just busted open a box of Party D4's with a Sept 2012 boxcode. They smoke just as good as any D4's I've had in the past. Very delicious! I think I'm also going to try one of my Monte Edmundos that are also from Sept 2012 this long family day weekend, I'll let you know if they aren't up to snuff.

"I am an artist,
Pain is my paint,
You are my canvas!"

Posts: 310 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Harvest!

Shlomo, since you have the role of the expert on CA, please, do take over -

Tell us about the harvest in Cuba in 2009, 2010 and 2011 - it will answer your own question about the production in 2012 and yours Reelman

Thank you in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zdema,

Posts: 91 | Location: third rock from the sun | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shlomo, since you are the expert on CA, please, do take over -

I am far from an expert. Just somebody who enjoys being very active on cigar boards...

I have little, to no knowledge regarding quality of tobacco harvests in Cuba.

If you have any info, please share with us! I am sure I am not the only one, along with reel man, who is interested in learning more.

posted Hide Post
Shlomo, you are the utmost expert of CA and your your expertize will not be diminished in any way, so:

All information regarding harvests in Cuba is easily obtainable on the internet.

Please, report on your findings and do let us know!

Much appreciated in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zdema,