Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cuba and Cuban Cigars    First time for everything..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First time for everything..
 Login/Join

Picture of KF
posted
This happens to be the first time I've laid eyes on some "real" cuban smokes. I just pulled these guys out of the mail box and I couldn't be happier. Thanks a ton to bigunit66 for setting me straight.

http://i87.photobucket.com/alb...3250_zps6bf4b34e.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KF,

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. - William Wallace

Posts: 943 | Location: Ky, USA | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice beginners kit.
Congrats to you and cudos to bigunit66!

Posts: 468 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: January 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SnakeDoctor
posted Hide Post
x2, a great way to start off the journey into CCs

Posts: 438 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boolee
posted Hide Post
Wowwww... I would run around the block if someone gifted me that... Niiiice

Give life a try...

Posts: 791 | Location: Hollywood, SC | Registered: September 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheCanadian
posted Hide Post
Very nice package to receive in the mail. They look tasty, give thanks cause even where I'm located in Canada I might as well be in the U.S cause it's damn near impossible to get them here too. Crazy tabacco laws prohibiting the sale of tabacco from one province to another and no local B&M's for at least half a days drive.

Posts: 57 | Location: Cape Breton, NS Canada | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullhumi
posted Hide Post
Nice little sampler you got there.

Posts: 556 | Location: The Ville | Registered: March 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elcaribe
posted Hide Post
Great start.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Posts: 4337 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
Not exactly a gift but he was nice enough to take a chance with me.

I'm pretty excited. Like a teenage kid and a new pair of shoes. I'm gonna let them settle down for a little while before I give one a go. It's gonna be tough to resist them. Lucky we are celebrating valentines day this weekend so it will keep me out of the house and away from them. Otherwise I prolly couldn't resist.

Any suggestions on which I should smoke first? I'm told they all have over a 1-2 years of humi time under the belt.

Posts: 943 | Location: Ky, USA | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
All fake garbage!

Razz

I kid of course. Nice stuff!!

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9081 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc.J
posted Hide Post
Congrats!
Personally, I would start with Hoyo #2 then move up to the stronger ones

Posts: 4 | Location: Asia | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stogieluvr
posted Hide Post
Hey KF, send me an email and tell me where you got those! Congrats on your persistance! You remind me of ME.

Are they from a different source than we've discussed recently?

Posts: 185 | Location: northern Carribbean coast aka Lower Alabama | Registered: April 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stogieluvr:
Hey KF, send me an email and tell me where you got those! Congrats on your persistance! You remind me of ME.

It is in the first post...trade or "trade" with another member here.

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9081 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ReelMan
posted Hide Post
Very tasty starter kit! +1 on starting with the Hoyo.

Live your truth......

Posts: 131 | Location: United States | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stogieluvr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shlomo:
quote:
Originally posted by stogieluvr:

It is in the first post...trade or "trade" with another member here.

Got it, now. Missed that bit of info through the fog of the evening smoke and cocktail. Big Grin

Posts: 185 | Location: northern Carribbean coast aka Lower Alabama | Registered: April 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
quote:
All fake garbage!

Razz

I kid of course. Nice stuff!!

Ha! If you had to pick one of these six, which one would your favorite be?

Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
As far as which one I'll start with, I think the epi 2 is the most appealing. The dark colored wrapper and a sweet smell of sorts. Not to mention it's the 2x choice.

Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not sure. Is that a Party Short, PSD4, Monte 2, Epi 2, CoRo and Sig III?

It all depends on my mood, time of day, what I ate, how I'm feeling, what I'm drinking, etc....PSD4 is my least favorite for sure though. All good looking. enjoy!

Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not sure. Is that a Party Short, PSD4, Monte 2, Epi 2, CoRo and Sig III?

It all depends on my mood, time of day, what I ate, how I'm feeling, what I'm drinking, etc....PSD4 is my least favorite for sure though. All good looking. enjoy!

Your correct on the. All except the siglo. It's a IV.