Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Cuba and Cuban Cigars    cuban cigars in Cancun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cuban cigars in Cancun
 Login/Join

Picture of twostirish222
posted
can someone tell me where i can buy authentic cuban cigars in cancun? i have heard that mexico has lots of fakes.

Posts: 13 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: May 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LCDH, the one in cancun is great. very nice to place to pick up smokes and enjoy them there as well.

-Ryan

Posts: 29 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And tell David I say hi well your there. He will treat you right.

Posts: 29 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Federicoramos
posted Hide Post
There is a "Casa del Habano" store in Cancun, they are the Franchise Store from HABANOS S.A. you for SHURE will find real cubans there.
here is the Address

Blvd. Kukulkan Km 12.7 Zona Hotelera, Cancún Q.R. México 77500

Phone Number too
52(998)840-7000

Posts: 20 | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twostirish222
posted Hide Post
cool, this is where i will be staying. can you tell me if this would be walking distance?

Blvd. Kukulcan KM 11.5, HZ
Cancun, 77500
Q. Roo, México

Posts: 13 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: May 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kechke
posted Hide Post
Blvd. Kukulkan kilometer 11.5 and 12.7 is a 1.2 kilometer distance, or 8/10's of a mile. You should be able to do that.

I used to respect my elders.
Not so much any more!

Posts: 4307 | Location: Welland | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of twostirish222
posted Hide Post
cool, i can walk that. i was in Aruba last year and shopped at LCDH. i paid on average about $25 a stick. would you say that the prices are comparable in cancun?

Picture of kechke
posted Hide Post
quote:
would you say that the prices are comparable in cancun?

Yes , or higher!

I used to respect my elders.
Not so much any more!

Posts: 4307 | Location: Welland | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Peacemaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twostirish222:
cool, i can walk that. i was in Aruba last year and shopped at LCDH. i paid on average about $25 a stick. would you say that the prices are comparable in cancun?

Depends on what you get. If you get all Cohibas and Trinidads and EL's, then the answer would be easily "yes". Also, the larger cigars like DC's and Churchills are going to be pretty close to that figure as well. But you can find smaller cigars such as PC's and TPC's for $10 or less. Also some of the lesser known brands like Fonseca, St.Luis Rey, etc. as well as MM's will be more reasonably priced (this is IF you are looking for a relative bargain).

And no matter what you're told while down there...stick to the LCDH ONLY. There is one in Playa del Carmen as well if you find yourself down that way.

Better beautiful than perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk7QP4uNkSM

Posts: 2060 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nitelite
posted Hide Post
I thought it was cheaper than aruba.

Only buy at the LCDH, even though there are some other "legit looking" shops

p.s. the bus is about $0.60 if don't like the walk!

Austin

Posts: 65 | Location: Bellevue, WA | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Xavier1975
posted Hide Post
Enjoy, and be prepared to paid high prices. But is a sure bet.

Posts: 1333 | Location: Mexico City | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boknows
posted Hide Post
I'm going to Cancun in a few months. I got the address of the LCDH, but in this age of google maps, I want to see it on a map before stumbling around trying to find it myself. I'm sure the hotel I stay at will help me too, but can someone provide a mapped location of the LCDH in Cancun? Thanks.

Posts: 4003 | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AVIDFLYER
posted Hide Post
BO-

It's right across from the police station great place love it there.

Posts: 526 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD Bailey
posted Hide Post
I was just at the LCDH in Cancun last week. I agree with what everyone has said -- it is a great place, I wouldn't be able to say enough good things.

I've seen a lot people talk about David who works at the shop. He wasn't there, but I worked with Cesar. He was a great guy.

As far as prices, here is what I remember -- Monte #2-$22.00, PSD4, RASS, HDM Epi #2, BRC were all around $15.00. Didn't check out the Trinis, but Cohibas were seemed to be pretty steep (e.g., coro was about $27.00 and I think Siglo VI was $36.00).

If any one has any experience dealing with the LCDH Cancun, can you shoot me an email. Thanks.

Posts: 228 | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you find that the cigars in the Cancun LCDH are in a condition ready to be smoked right away or do they need time to settle?

Posts: 921 | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boknows
posted Hide Post
Avid, JD, thanks for the feedback. You make me want to go even more, maybe not for the box buys since I don't want the hassle at customs, but nevertheless, I'll definitely enjoy my time in "candyland" and smoke a few in the shop or on the beach.

Picture of Boknows
posted Hide Post
At the LCDH, do they haggle?

Picture of JD Bailey
posted Hide Post
I bought a decent amount of stuff and the guy gave me a small discount but nothing major. I really didn't try and haggle much after that. So yes you can probably haggle (even more than I did), but I don't know what it will get you.

To answer bburn's question, the cigars that I bought and smoked, smoked very well. Certainly they could have used some rest, but they were enjoyable right after I bought them.

Also, could someone let me know by email if they have dealt with LCDH in the past? Thanks.

Posts: 228 | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
To answer bburn's question, the cigars that I bought and smoked, smoked very well.

Good to know b/c I won't be bringing any back with me! Thanks

Posts: 921 | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tiny Tim
posted Hide Post
JD Baily, send me an email and I'll try to help you.

ticotych@hotmail.com

Tiny Tim Cool
Sergeant at Arms
S.N.O.B. #1020
B.A.S.E. # 0003 <(0)>

Posts: 3489 | Location: Columbia, S.C. USA | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post