Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SLR Regios
 Login/Join

posted
I am contemplating on picking some of these up. I never had any SLR before. What do you guys/gals think? Are they worthy to have in your humi? Any advice would be helpful. Gracias...

Can't we all just get along?

Posts: 301 | Location: SGV, CA. | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Otter
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box last year and will pick up another for aging on one my trips to Cuba this year...nice cigar to have in your rotation....

Posts: 148 | Location: London, ON  | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you consider it a decent smoke or would you prefer something else.

Posts: 301 | Location: SGV, CA. | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JB-07
posted Hide Post
They are a staple in my humidor. They are a bit inconsistent, but the ones that are on are real good. Age does them nicely but they don't really need too much of it. They don't last that long anyway.

"The future is no place to place your better days"

Posts: 3474 | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JB-07
posted Hide Post
I also keep some Serie As around. I like the size better and find them to be a little more consistent, but haven't had one yet that has been as good as the "good" Regios.

"The future is no place to place your better days"

Posts: 3474 | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great cigar, particularly for the price. I occasionally have had some tight draw issues (three boxes ago - which should tell you something), but generally it's a great size and good tasting 'gar.

Buy with confidence. I've also had good luck with the Serie As, but I like the Regios a tad more.

Are these on the chopping block at HSA?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's to dear old Boston, the city of beans and cod;
Where the Lowells talk only to Cabots, and the Cabots talk only to God.

Posts: 650 | Location: The Hub | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Otter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric B.:
Would you consider it a decent smoke or would you prefer something else.

My personal favorite robusto (type) cigar is the Juan Lopez #2...but that's just my own opinion. If your not doing a box purchase pic up some different robusto's (type)and have some fun sampling if your looking for a box the Regios are a good choice....

Posts: 148 | Location: London, ON  | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you had a choice between the regios or the JL #2, which would it be.

Picture of Otter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric B.:
If you had a choice between the regios or the JL #2, which would it be.

For me personally (if I didn't already have 3 boxes) it would be the JL #2

posted Hide Post
Otter, thanks for the input. I guess I should try a fiver of both first.

posted Hide Post
They are both excellent. IMHO these are some of the best regular production cigars....not produced in quantities like Cohiba and Montecristo.

Proud Member of Habanos Brothers

Posts: 1689 | Location: ottawa, canada | Registered: May 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of puromaniac
posted Hide Post
I've always like the SLR Regio. I have a few left from a March 11 box that are absolute taste-bud tinglers. Getting another box.

Posts: 194 | Location: Vancouver BC | Registered: May 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chiefy
posted Hide Post
Smoking some Regios from Nov 2005, love them, one of the best cubans I have smoked, smoked about 6 and have another 8 left. Found them very consistant in construction and draw. Superb flavours and will be very sad when they are finished.

Posts: 52 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post