Notify
Tools

Aging CC Robustos
 Login/Join

Picture of SnakeDoctor
posted
What is the best Cuban robusto to age? IMO, it would be CoRos and PSD4s

Let's here your opinions.

Posts: 438 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RASS OR P4s.

Posts: 670 | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elcaribe
posted Hide Post
psd4 and Bolivar

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Posts: 4075 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SnakeDoctor
posted Hide Post
I also want to mention that 05 VR Famosos are smoking amazing. Glad I found a box with age.

Posts: 438 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
Not technically a robusto, but it should be considered a crime to smoke a Choix Supreme without at least 3 years on it.

Cohiba and Famoso at the top of this list for me as well.

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9061 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Otter
posted Hide Post
Aging some JL #2's 2010's & 2011's will let you know in about 5 years.....

Posts: 146 | Location: London, ON  | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of famoso2166
posted Hide Post
Smoked first Bolivar royal corona from a TEB Feb08 box that I have sat on for over 4 years. Figured it was time, and boy have 5 years made this cigar awesome!

Supercharged is currently under moderator censorship for no good reason.

Posts: 876 | Location: cold,crappy Canada | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezz
posted Hide Post
CoRos & BRCs for me.

Posts: 191 | Location: Hobart Australia | Registered: July 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of littoines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jezz:
CoRos & BRCs for me.

X2.

Posts: 6372 | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a slbv of CoRo's. December 12. Got it for a christmas present. Smoked one and while not bad, decided to lay off for a couple of years and smoke other cc's in the wineador. Way too young.

Posts: 688 | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
Wow, did you say Dec. 12?!?!?! I have NEVER seen a box on the market with a stamp of only one month old. Ever. Thats crazy!

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9061 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coro's , PSD#4, Bolivar Royal Coronas

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil....... the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Posts: 1207 | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shlomo:
Wow, did you say Dec. 12?!?!?! I have NEVER seen a box on the market with a stamp of only one month old. Ever. Thats crazy!

I saw some box in LCDH varadero taht were pretty much factory fresh loll (2 month old)

Posts: 31 | Location: The freezer!  | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Taylor Franklin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shlomo:

Almost diaper fresh.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kluane Lake | Registered: March 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alloy:
I have a slbv of CoRo's. December 12. Got it for a christmas present. Smoked one and while not bad, decided to lay off for a couple of years and smoke other cc's in the wineador. Way too young.

Dang I'm getting old...just looked at the box (which is really deep in my wineador) and it says May 12.
My Bad and apologies to all. Maybe I should quit drinking (or drink more).

Posts: 688 | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
LOL

Picture of SnakeDoctor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dang I'm getting old...just looked at the box (which is really deep in my wineador) and it says May 12.
My Bad and apologies to all. Maybe I should quit drinking (or drink more).

Big Grin

Picture of ReelMan
posted Hide Post
Snake-

Drink more; it will eventually even out the vision issues Cool

Live your truth......

Posts: 131 | Location: United States | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost any CC Robusto will age well, although much depends on what you term as age .... five, ten, twenty years .... which eliminates several as they haven't been in production long enough.

But one which ages exceptionally well, and which no one has mentioned, is the SLR Regios, Frank Sinatra's favourite and technically not a Robusto being a Hermosos 4 but a very good cigar.

Posts: 280 | Location: Westcliff | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
quote:
But one which ages exceptionally well, and which no one has mentioned, is the SLR Regios, Frank Sinatra's favourite and technically not a Robusto being a Hermosos 4 but a very good cigar.

Agreed they get better and better, but similar to the BRC are so good rott that age is not a requirement for these imho.