New
Find
Notify
Tools

Current Selection
 Login/Join

Picture of Bigdog69
posted
I'm wondering what the current stock is like in Varadero? my mule is heading there later this week and I'm compiling my wish list. Has anyone been there recently that can offer some advice?

Posts: 20 | Location: NS | Registered: November 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was there in January, the whole city seemed to be out of anything Punch except for Punch Punch. Also, for some reason nobody had any of those cool cigar ash trays for sale. Sold out!

Every store seemed to have lots of stock of Party D4's, Party 898's, Monte 2's, Dip 2's, RASS, Cohiba Robustos and all the typical favorites. Aside from Punch, I noticed that a lot of the smaller cigars that I liked were tough to find, like anything in a SLB seemed to be out of stock. The LCDH on 63'rd seemed to have the most stock.

I couldn't find anything aged or even from 2011 but this year not a single one of the stores let me into their humidors.

"I am an artist,
Pain is my paint,
You are my canvas!"

Posts: 310 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got back on the 24th of Jan, they had almost no LE's for 2012, but I was able to snag a box of RAAS (LCDH) and a box of 10 pk box of lusitainias. I can also second that all the stock I got besides the Short Hoyo Pirimides were from 2012. Funny thing, I was looking for the 1966 and they were looooong gone. I found five singles at the airport and took them. I saw alot of cohiba pirimides extra, and also lots of the maduro five stock. Behike's were everywhere in every size, and they are smoking great! Lots of fresh boxes of monte's partagas and cohiba. At the plaza d'america there was alot more selection. Check this thread as another member snapped some photos in store. You might see what you want! http://forums.cigaraficionado....7666095/m/3247000042

Posts: 74 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: January 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sk00ts
posted Hide Post
E-town in the house! Holy smokes, maybe if we all booked our trip together we could have got a discount lol. Ditto what those other guys said. Lots of stock of regular production but no real LEs. Store on 63rd had decent selection of odds and ends, Partagas Culebras, Bolivar gold medal and the like but found them a little shady. When there is no price on the bottom of the box and they aren't punching anything into the till it seems like they are skimming for sure

Plaza Americas had some aged boxes. Found some Punch coronas from 2007 for example. But there LE case was lacking more so. They had Monte opens and EDRM Demmi tasse where Monte 520 should be. Lots of Behikes though.

Only went to the store on 32st (i think that is where it is) once. Prices were all over the place (117 CUC she said for a box of Party shots instead of 85). Far away from everywhere too.

Good luck!

Posts: 651 | Location: Edmonton, AB | Registered: March 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sk00ts, one of the new cigar stores a Casa Del Tabacco near 35th tried to sell us Trinidad Reyes for 11.50 CUC! They were even priced on the bottom of the box at 4.70 and when we busted them on it, all their English went away...

"I am an artist,
Pain is my paint,
You are my canvas!"

Posts: 310 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sk00ts
posted Hide Post
Ya this past trip was definitely the worst for price gauging compared to my last couple of trips. First I grossly over payed for a box of H Upmann half corona at 63rd (117 instead of I think 70). Even at the Plaza they were charging 35 for a 5 pack tin of them when I bought them for 17 on 32-35st.

Tell your mule to bring the updated price list and pay attention!

Posts: 651 | Location: Edmonton, AB | Registered: March 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got back yesterday from Varadero and it's well stocked on all 2012 LEs. The best shops are the ones from Plaza las Americas and from Calle 63 both with some HU Royal Robusto & Magnum 48, RA Superiores, Hoyo Epi de Luxe. Some discontinued stuff here and there. Boli GM was sold out just a day before I got at LCDH from Calle 63. Lots of Behike and regular production cigars to choose from.

Posts: 54 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgafencu:
I got back yesterday from Varadero and it's well stocked on all 2012 LEs. The best shops are the ones from Plaza las Americas and from Calle 63 both with some HU Royal Robusto & Magnum 48, RA Superiores, Hoyo Epi de Luxe. Some discontinued stuff here and there. Boli GM was sold out just a day before I got at LCDH from Calle 63. Lots of Behike and regular production cigars to choose from.

can you recall what was the price for Hoyo de Luxe?

Posts: 460 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: January 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Random:
quote:
Originally posted by mgafencu:

can you recall what was the price for Hoyo de Luxe?

I didn't check the price but as long as I know they are $70

Posts: 54 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigdog69
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the great replies. I sent the mule off with a wishlist and the recent pricing. Hopefully he scores big!

Posts: 20 | Location: NS | Registered: November 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post