New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unfamiliar with CCs
 Login/Join

Picture of BigBruce
posted
Does anybody have any suggestions for me? I like full, peppery cigars but don't know any Cubans of that flavor profile personally. I have been lucky enough to sample a few Cubans and I did love the Cohiba Esplendidos (even though that isn't exactly in that flavor profile). Also my favorite NC is the Tatuaje Avion if that helps. Thanks in advance for any help!

"If you can't send money, send tobacco" - George Washington

Posts: 633 | Location: Knoxville | Registered: November 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigunit66
posted Hide Post
Monte Grand edmundo's might fit your pallet.

Posts: 741 | Location: nebraska | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
Seems to me like you are just starting out and not really sure what you like...I would suggest try as many as you can from splits, trades, purchases, samplers, etc.. and figure out what you like most. CCs tend to have very different characteristics than NCs so if you like full bodied, peppery NCs, you may like smooth, creamy and grassy, but still full flavoured CCs.

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9074 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of famoso2166
posted Hide Post
Try Partagas shorts. They have a certain spicy element to them and they are very full flavored for a Cuban.

Supercharged is currently under moderator censorship for no good reason.

Posts: 876 | Location: cold,crappy Canada | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SnakeDoctor
posted Hide Post
I think you would like the Bolivar Belicosos Finos

Posts: 438 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shlomo:
Seems to me like you are just starting out and not really sure what you like...I would suggest try as many as you can from splits, trades, purchases, samplers, etc.. and figure out what you like most. CCs tend to have very different characteristics than NCs so if you like full bodied, peppery NCs, you may like smooth, creamy and grassy, but still full flavoured CCs.

That.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's to dear old Boston, the city of beans and cod;
Where the Lowells talk only to Cabots, and the Cabots talk only to God.

Posts: 650 | Location: The Hub | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BigBruce
posted Hide Post
I've been in a few trades and I have some in the humidor for a while before I break them out. I have a behike 52 from 2011 that I'm waiting until 2014 to smoke and I have some hoyos my dad brought me that I like. Right now I'm getting a punch punch, cohiba maduro magicos, BBF, and a partagas culebra that ill let sit in the humi for a bit. Thanks for the advice and ill keep it in mind when I trade in the future.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco" - George Washington

Posts: 633 | Location: Knoxville | Registered: November 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Big Sky
posted Hide Post
I must agree on the Party Shorts. Great little strong sticks full of flavor. Get a box and rest them. They are packed with tobacco and will often last me as long as a D4, which tend to usually have a more open draw.

I would also recommend the RASS and the Bolivar marca, some of which are very full, for CC's.

One whisky is just ok. Two whiskies are too many. Three whiskies are not enough....

Posts: 1691 | Location: MT | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full and peppery? That's easy, Partagas Serie D No. 4.

Posts: 124 | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RLBARN
posted Hide Post
For medium and peppery/spicy, try the new R&J Petit Churchill. Nice!

Posts: 152 | Registered: March 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
How about the Epi 2? It's my fav cuban.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. - William Wallace

Posts: 943 | Location: Ky, USA | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Divino
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about the Epi 2? It's my fav cuban.

It's one of my favorite cigars too but I wouldn't say they are spicy, rather mild and complex, creamy and floral.

Posts: 30 | Location: Spain | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezz
posted Hide Post
Might be worth trying a RJ Short Churchill I've always found these to be spicey.

Posts: 191 | Location: Hobart Australia | Registered: July 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R y J Short Churchill

Bolivar Belicoso Fino

Partagas Serie P #2

Of course, everyone tastes differently

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post