Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Golf    How do you mark your golf ball
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you mark your golf ball
 Login/Join

Picture of FabCigar
posted Hide Post
I use the Tin Cup ball marker of ... what else .... a cigar.

The Love you Take Is Equal To The Love You Make .....

Posts: 216 | Location: Seahawks Country | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually just make a big slash mark across the middle of it with an iron and dispose of it in the woods at the same time.

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonypic:
My golf balls have either flowers or lady bugs drawn on them. I buy a box then give them to my daughters to mark. The new guy in my foursome always gets a kick out of it. I just want to knock one in for a hole in one
before they don't want to draw on them anymore. I've been less than a foot away more than once.

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike44njdevils
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duffnbrew:
I usually just make a big slash mark across the middle of it with an iron and dispose of it in the woods at the same time.

I nearly spit coffee on my monitor.

I prefer the "hozzle paint method".

------------------------------------
"Those satifactions are permanent."

Posts: 547 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: December 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullhumi
posted Hide Post
Mine are covered with dust in the garage. Pretty easy to spot.

Posts: 556 | Location: The Ville | Registered: March 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malimn
posted Hide Post
HA.. Here is what I use now Smile

http://www.tin-cup.com/havana/

Posts: 59 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jkdyer1
posted Hide Post
I also put 3 dots on mine

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

Posts: 1023 | Registered: April 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm losing one every other hole, so why bother marking them? It's too annoying to mark 10 balls every round

Posts: 1083 | Location: United States | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Foreigner
posted Hide Post
Being from Aberdeen everything I own is lightly irradiated by thr Granite City's background radiation ... so my trusty Pipboy Gieger Counter does the trick everytime

"Pretentious Quote"

Uncontested King of the Ballers

Posts: 1260 | Registered: April 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gogotron
posted Hide Post
I draw a putt line on each ball with 2 dots at the center of the line to help me aim.

Posts: 43 | Registered: August 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ElGuapo
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed reading this thread! My method is as boring as it is effective. I put my initials on opposite sides of the ball so I don't have to move it to see if it is mine. This thread has given me a lot of ideas for a change though...

Posts: 131 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lyza
posted Hide Post
I take a broad tip, black magic marker and make a solid line over where it says "practice".

Lyza

Posts: 15 | Location: Home | Registered: March 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rraming
posted Hide Post
Black sharpie, dot on each side of the name. After 40 years some kid named Rory comes along and copies me.

Posts: 159 | Location: North | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lyza:
I take a broad tip, black magic marker and make a solid line over where it says "practice".

Nice.

___

"If a man speaks on a dessert island, and his wife is not there to hear him, is he still wrong?"

Posts: 1164 | Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | Registered: February 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can write something on it as your identification purpose. or are you talking about marking the golf ball on the putting green

Posts: 8 | Registered: March 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I play yellow...i can see them 2 fairways over...quite often...

Posts: 698 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chad Minnick
posted Hide Post
I don't mark them. Mine is always the one in the short grass.

"Oh, this one is mine! I was playing the Callaway!"

"You just said you were playing the Titleist? I'm playing the Callaway."

"That was last hole. This is my ball."

Life is too short to smoke a bad cigar!

Posts: 760 | Location: Seattle, Washington | Registered: June 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post