Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Golf    Anybody here collect putters?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody here collect putters?
 Login/Join

Picture of dangolf18
posted
I've started a small collection of scotty cameron putters. Wondering if anybody else here collects.

Posts: 2733 | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dei3Nascar8
posted Hide Post
Collect? No. Have a handful that I have fallen out of love with? Yes!

I started this season with my SC Newport 2 but was 3 putting all over the place. The putter is "Toe Hang" balanced and I never should have purchased it. I got suckered into the name and not the way it fit my game so I was going to make my game fit it... Stupid I know. I bought an STX with the black face insert and it is "Face balanced" and I roll the ball so much better. I don't have to feel like I am manipulating the face through the stroke. I just set my line and speed and try to put a good roll on it. Best purchase I have made in a while. It's not the most well known putter but it is super soft a nd fits my game. As I get older (29) I am learning to let go of what I want and get what I need.

Posts: 118 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShortFatHokie
posted Hide Post
I have a nice collection of broken putters...

Posts: 836 | Location: Nature's Air Conditioned City | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flagrant
posted Hide Post
I have a few scotty's laying around..
My latest purchase was the 1 of 40 limited tour rat, deep milled all black shaft.. It's another expensive habit...lol

Oh, no, no, no. We can’t have you smoking this nasty thing in here. Do you have any idea the effect this cigar will have on my hydrangeas?

Al Capone: Do you have any idea the effect this fist will have on your face?

Posts: 383 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

LOL

i don't know if "collect" would be the word to use but yes i do have a lot of clubs hanging around

if you are into this let me suggest reading about the "jeffery B ellis golf club collection"

it has since been auctioned off but it is quite a story about a golf club "collector"

enjoy

frankD

Posts: 4301 | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is a Ping Dale, and I also have a few of the BeCu Ping Anser2. One of my clients owned a Nevada Bob's store, and as I did work for him, he would turn me on to some great clubs. Lots of wedges and putters. I have a few of the original Cameron's released...but the one that got away was when I was playing the Plantation Course at Kapalua in what had to be about 1993. In the rack, they had this milled putter that was a pre-Titleist Scotty Cameron. It was about $350...I was going to get it when I finished the round, but when I came back, someone else had bought it. It was a beauty.

Posts: 10979 | Location: Avenida de las Nalgas, Quericæstan | Registered: May 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

chris walker,

aren't mallet heads illegal ?

i'm not sure if it's the croquest stance or the club itself that violates the rules

sam snead used one until they were outlawed but i'm not sure he ever won an official tournament using one

puff

puff

frankD

Posts: 4301 | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I havent used this putter in a round... Its more of a cigar related thing to me. I should practice some "side-saddle" putts with it like ol' smoothy just for kicks...

Posts: 672 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maven
posted Hide Post
Anybody care to trade a Scotty for cigars.
08 Siglos, some 06 JJ Maddie Sublimes.

Posts: 2122 | Location: USA | Registered: October 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
What kind of scotty?

Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dangolf18:
I've started a small collection of scotty cameron putters. Wondering if anybody else here collects.

I started a Scotty headcover and divot repair tool collection couple years ago...abandoned the pursuit in favor of cigars.

Posts: 1127 | Location: Motor City | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KrustyKatonk
posted Hide Post
Collecting putters, yes, probably have about 13 or 14. I've had several Scotty's but my favorite short putters are made by Dick De La Cruz (currently using a long Kombi though). I scour Ebay constantly for them... btw do you sell on Ebay danogolf18? I once bought a club there a few years back from a seller with a similar handle.

Cigar collecting has steered me away a bit from putter collecting recently, I admit. My wallet has a hard time with both!

Posts: 21 | Location: Glendale, CA | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
I sold a 1 of 500 putter but it was back in 2007 I believe.

quote:
Originally posted by KrustyKatonk:
Collecting putters, yes, probably have about 13 or 14. I've had several Scotty's but my favorite short putters are made by Dick De La Cruz (currently using a long Kombi though). I scour Ebay constantly for them... btw do you sell on Ebay danogolf18? I once bought a club there a few years back from a seller with a similar handle.

Cigar collecting has steered me away a bit from putter collecting recently, I admit. My wallet has a hard time with both!

Picture of Mr. Magicoa
posted Hide Post
Bad golfers collect putters. Smile

Posts: 1539 | Registered: March 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree with you more. I think Tiger Woods must have a huge collection.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Magicoa:
Bad golfers collect putters. Smile

posted Hide Post
I had a collection of about 30 Scotty Cameron putters and about 100 headcovers.

Decided to get out of the hobby of collecting them before people realized that prices weren`t going to stay that high forever.

Moved on to cigars Smile

Posts: 465 | Location: Waco, TX | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jkdyer1
posted Hide Post
I am also obsessed with Scotty putters and have 3 in my collection. I would probably have around 10 Ping and Scotty putters but I have sold most of them on Ebay.

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: April 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post