Login/Join

posted
well I'm in the market for new irons.
Heres the short list.

1. Cobra S3Max
2. Callaway Diablos
3. Taylor made burners 2.0

Johnny Walker black and a cigar lifes good

Posts: 63 | Location: Ajax ontario | Registered: March 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh man how id love a new set of irons! Back in 8th grade my dad bought me a set of jack Nicklaus irons which I still use today...id love a set of blades. Any suggestions on brand?? Blades have unparalleled beauty imo. And I just graduated college in may, to give a timeframe

The next time some academics tell you how important "diversity" is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department. -- Thomas Sowell

Posts: 416 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishboy2.0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bennyfresh:
Oh man how id love a new set of irons! Back in 8th grade my dad bought me a set of jack Nicklaus irons which I still use today...id love a set of blades. Any suggestions on brand?? Blades have unparalleled beauty imo. And I just graduated college in may, to give a timeframe

If I were you, I would go try out the Callaway X24 irons. They are very soft and are wonderful. I just bought a set for this golf season and my first day of practice with the team I was hitting the 5 iron 220. Wonderful irons.

Posts: 154 | Location: New York | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maven
posted Hide Post
wow, i would love a new set of irons, the x`s sound awesome.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maven,

Posts: 2162 | Location: USA | Registered: October 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishboy2.0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maven:
wow, i would love a new set of irons, the x`s sound awesome.

They are, even if you pick up a set of x20s or x22s used from 3balls, you'll be in love.

Posts: 154 | Location: New York | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fishboy, I appreciate the input and suggestion on the irons! I always thought the X series irons looked big and clunky, however these are a big improvement over the older models! With that being said, Ive always been in love with how blades look etc, and now that Im playing a lot more golf again and lowering my handicap (I stopped playing after high school and just graduated college) I think I have to go with the Mizuno MP-69s!

The next time some academics tell you how important "diversity" is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department. -- Thomas Sowell

Posts: 416 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishboy2.0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fishboy, I appreciate the input and suggestion on the irons! I always thought the X series irons looked big and clunky, however these are a big improvement over the older models! With that being said, Ive always been in love with how blades look etc, and now that Im playing a lot more golf again and lowering my handicap (I stopped playing after high school and just graduated college) I think I have to go with the Mizuno MP-69s!

A friend on the team has the Mizunos. They too are an excellent iron. I like the weight of the club head when I swing, I feel like I get more club head speed without incorporating my arms at all. Can't complain about mizuno though, had a set back in high school before I traded those for x18s Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fishboy2.0:
quote:

A friend on the team has the Mizunos. They too are an excellent iron. I like the weight of the club head when I swing, I feel like I get more club head speed without incorporating my arms at all. Can't complain about mizuno though, had a set back in high school before I traded those for x18s Smile

Yeah Ive only ever heard good things about Mizunos! And I just think they look slightly sleeker than the Titleist MPs.

Picture of Deadman's Point
posted Hide Post
I like the Cobra's... they seems to let me control the ball a bit more than the others in addition to what seems to be a larger sweet spot. For one reason or another, I tend to have more solid hits with lofts that are predictable and consistent. I must add though... everyone I play regularly with has the calloways in their bags.

...actually, all of this is a lie...

Posts: 620 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

------------------

I demo'd quite a few sets before going with the x20's a few years back...they felt the best...didn't look like a forged blade iron for sure but super nice feel...and the price was right...only thing now is i feel like there is too much offset...sometimes a good release ends up as a wicked hook...i am thinking of "demo"ing a similar game improvement iron but with less offset...still perimeter waited though...i would like to hit something mizuno...never have

Posts: 698 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishboy2.0
posted Hide Post
My school just got a TaylorMade sponsorship, so I am gonna grab some TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC irons. The price is right....at 0$...

posted Hide Post
I am new to the cigar world but not so much the golf. Not knowing what you currently have in the bag I would be looking at the burner2.0s very forgiving TONS of distance with a fairly sleek look and thin top line. I have never been a big fan of Callaway irons, and another option in the cobra family is the amp irons if you can deal with orange. I hit em straight.

Posts: 15 | Location: Maine | Registered: September 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been playing with Mizuno MP-58s for a couple years now. Great clubs.

Posts: 15 | Registered: December 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikem2780
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rueger1399:
I am new to the cigar world but not so much the golf. Not knowing what you currently have in the bag I would be looking at the burner2.0s very forgiving TONS of distance with a fairly sleek look and thin top line. I have never been a big fan of Callaway irons, and another option in the cobra family is the amp irons if you can deal with orange. I hit em straight.

I've got the burner plus irons and they have a great feel to em. Very forgiving.

"You give me the awful impression, and I hate to have to say it, of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever." ~Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 2265 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mizuno all the way. They have made the best irons for a long long time. Tiger won a bunch with a set of MP 14's. I have a set put up.

Posts: 17 | Registered: February 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought the mp59's a couple months ago...cant wait for grass...

Posts: 698 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodbender:
well I'm in the market for new irons.
Heres the short list.

1. Cobra S3Max
2. Callaway Diablos
3. Taylor made burners 2.0

If you looking for used http://forum.ottawagolf.com/fo...?78-Right-Hand-Irons.

This is a pretty good spot in your area.

"A cigar ought not to be smoked solely by the mouth ,but with the hands,the eyes and with the spirit." Zino Davidoff

Posts: 819 | Location: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: April 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A1Atraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassin91:
Mizuno all the way. They have made the best irons for a long long time. Tiger won a bunch with a set of MP 14's. I have a set put up.

I agree, love my new JPX800 Pros I purchased last summer.

Posts: 134 | Location: Stow, Oh. | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a set of Taylormade RocketBladez MAX Irons and absolutely love them.

Posts: 524 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post