Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Non-Cuban Cigars    Creamy Smoke: What is it? What are the top 5 creamy cigars?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Creamy Smoke: What is it? What are the top 5 creamy cigars?
 Login/Join

posted
I keep reading and hearing about "creamy" smoke as an attribute. Yet, I am not sure what the heck is meant by creamy. I really would like to experience first hand a "Creamy" cigar. What are the top 5 creamy cigars?

Posts: 44 | Registered: December 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SHEEPSHEAD BAY
posted Hide Post
That is really a matter of personal taste.Everybody's definition and choice would be different.Keep smoking and trying different cigars when you find it your taste buds will let you know.

"Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God"
-Thomas Jefferson

"The tree of freedom must be nurtured from time to time with the blood of its patriots"
-Thomas Jefferson

"When the Government Fears the People, There is Liberty; When the People Fear the Government, There is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7113 | Location: Reggio di Calabria, Italy / New York United States | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scott sizer
posted Hide Post
The creamist smoke that I have ever had was the Graycliff Vintage 99

Posts: 283 | Location: Dubois, PA | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of floridasmoke
posted Hide Post
IMO Fonseca 5-50 is a pretty mild creamy smoke

...smoke 'em if you got 'em

Posts: 2018 | Location: se fla | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Robustojoe
posted Hide Post
Perdomo Lot23

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doodface
posted Hide Post
Ashton Classic Double Magnum

Posts: 822 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveSur
posted Hide Post
Punch Rare Corojo

(_________]]]~~

Posts: 3702 | Location: Woodbury, Connecticut | Registered: November 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with SHB, it's a matter of personal taste, and experience. Preferences change over time. Still, by comparison, some cigars are "creamy" while others might be spicy or earthy or whatever. A Hoyo des Dieux is creamy compared to a BBF. A Rafael Gonzales Lonsdale is creamy compared to an R&J Cazadore.
The AVO XOs are creamy compared to LFDs. Of course, all those comparisons are based on my own experience.

Posts: 403 | Location: Paris | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgherpst
posted Hide Post
HdeM 1066 for me

"If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go!"

Posts: 1300 | Location: Germantown, MD | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cameroon wrapped cigars seem to be the creamiest to me.

Posts: 847 | Registered: December 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgherpst
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddl85707:

agreed. hard to beat an AF Hemingway with some time in the humi

"If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go!"

Posts: 1300 | Location: Germantown, MD | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Earl The Pearl
posted Hide Post
that I've smoked are the Ashton Cab selection, Torano casa, maybe the dunhill churchill and La Flor Dominicana maceo.

Posts: 668 | Location: Oviedo, FL | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GoSmokeOne
posted Hide Post
I would go with a Graycliff. All the ones I have bought off of C'bid are very creamy IMHO. I likem in the morning with coffee.

Posts: 517 | Location: Dixie | Registered: November 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of septumus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgherpst:
agreed. hard to beat an AF Hemingway with some time in the humi

Seconded

There is a thin line between genius and insanity measured only by success.

Posts: 73 | Location: Addison, TX | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which Greycliff are you guys talking about? I think the Vintage 99 has a blue label, correct? Which one are you talking about, Gosmoke?

I bought a blue label that was decent, but certainly not anything special. Maybe I got a bad one, or maybe I need to trythe other lines. I got it for cheap at the reservation. It was good for $5, but I would have been really annoyed if I paid $20 for it like most places ask.

"So, everyone that disagrees with you is a Venezuelan Communist. I see, that is interesting."-Presley

Posts: 4590 | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddl85707:

I agree riddl.Double Chateau Fuente(Nat)IMO has a nice creamy mild spice flavor.

Posts: 2164 | Location: THE BUCKEYE STATE | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Proud Bear
posted Hide Post
The creamiest I have had are the Hemingway, Casa Torano and Ashton classic.

Bear

------------------------
"Hey. You set the bar. I just take a leap at it." -hydragoat

"Bear, stop pretending like you have a point. ...
Yes,... I'm insulting you. " -sobek

Posts: 2239 | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of littoines
posted Hide Post
I would consider Cameroon wrapped cigars to be "creamy".
One of the creamiest is the little H.Upmann vintage Cameroon petit corona. Inexpencive, smooth, rich and creamy.
There are plenty of great Cameroon wrapped cigars out there, but I find that little smoke to be defined as smooth and creamy.

Posts: 6351 | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveSur
posted Hide Post
Rocky Patel American Market Selection

Read the flavor description.

(_________]]]~~

Posts: 3702 | Location: Woodbury, Connecticut | Registered: November 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SHEEPSHEAD BAY
posted Hide Post
I just finished a Fuente Anejo.Oh my goodness it was one of the best Cigars Cuban or Non Cuban i have had ever.Creamy smoke galore tons of it sweet vanilla caramel liquor notes.Too bad these are so damn inconsistent lately.It seems to be a lot of hit or miss.

"Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God"
-Thomas Jefferson

"The tree of freedom must be nurtured from time to time with the blood of its patriots"
-Thomas Jefferson

"When the Government Fears the People, There is Liberty; When the People Fear the Government, There is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7113 | Location: Reggio di Calabria, Italy / New York United States | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post