Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Non-Cuban Cigars    Tatuaje Cabaiguan Coronas Extra-wow!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tatuaje Cabaiguan Coronas Extra-wow!
 Login/Join

posted
Just got 5 of these and i honestly love them. Came with a boveda 65% humidity packet, so i figured it'd be ok to try one immediately, and i'm so happy i did. This is a fantastic cigar and at around $7 a stick (box price) it's def not too expensive. It's uber creamy and def tastes very nutty; on the milder side though-at most a low medium, with hints of pepper. Short finish, and not the best looking wrapper, but no real burn issues-actually has a very loose draw, loose ash, but tons of smoke by the end of the first 1/3. Ash didn't stay on for more than 3/4 of an inch-although to be fair i'm smoking it outside and it's a bit windy in nyc right now.

The profile seems really similar to ashton cabinets-a lil more spice though, but at half the price. I honestly am going to make this a regular smoke, and just purchased a full box for $175 shipped from texcigars-i got singles from serious cigars. Tex had them cheaper than any of the other major places-famous, serious, or ci. Not sure about this bit of info-but i thought i read that the cabaiguans are made in 2 diff places. Saw that they were made with Jaime Garcia at the my father factory, but also saw something about them being made in Don Pepin's factory, so not sure about that. Either way, whoever is making them did an outstanding job.

Posts: 1083 | Location: United States | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of str8dog
posted Hide Post
I've only enjoyed the Guapos 46's. I don't know about the Garcia connection, but they are a Pete Johnson stick.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---

Look away, and cast not your eyes upon me ... for I am the WorSwisherSire.

May 12/14 Trader Feedback +62

Bobby Orr wants his hometown back.

Posts: 3767 | Location: Trawna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
Being patience, you can buy a box for around $100.

www.cigarauctioneer.com

Posts: 1127 | Location: Motor City | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the tatuaje site, it says they are made by jaime garcia in the my father plant (nicaragua). Wasn't sure, but the tatuaje site cant be wrong:

http://www.tatuajecigars.com/s...s.php?line=Cabaiguan

Posts: 1083 | Location: United States | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
Guapos 46 is an excellent cigar, gets better with some rest.

quote:
Originally posted by str8dog:
I've only enjoyed the Guapos 46's. I don't know about the Garcia connection, but they are a Pete Johnson stick.

Posts: 1127 | Location: Motor City | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gonna put the rest in the humidor for a couple of weeks if i can, but i'm weak and might end up smoking a few here and there. Hope these also get better with age-though i'm not sure how much better they can get.

Picture of BigBruce
posted Hide Post
If you look smooth, creamy, nutty ish cigars, try to Swag Habano, it's awesome and relatively cheap. It's the only one of the marca I really like.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco" - George Washington

Posts: 633 | Location: Knoxville | Registered: November 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the Cabaiguans. Toasty and creamy, and very well constructed.

I love the cuban style triple cap too. It's honestly one of the best NCs out there outside of the uber-elites like DCMs, FFOXs etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's to dear old Boston, the city of beans and cod;
Where the Lowells talk only to Cabots, and the Cabots talk only to God.

Posts: 650 | Location: The Hub | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
got a call today telling me that they're not in stock and they are special order only, so they refunded my money. tried to order em from somewhere else, and they told me they only have one box left, and it doesn't have the top bc it was the last box that any of their b&m stores has.

posted Hide Post
I spoke to Andy-the distribution manager at Tatuaje and found out that the Cabaiguan line was made in Miami until 2007, and then they moved it to the My Father factory in Nicaragua after that. Guess that some of the info is really old. Every vitola is the same excpet for size obviously. I thought that certain sticks like the guapos were made in Miami and others were made in Nicaragua.

Picture of Paulie Walnuts
posted Hide Post
You have to smoke some. Ever been given a wrapped Christmas gift and then had it put on a shelf in plain sight everyday and told you can't unwrap it until 4th of July?

quote:
Originally posted by yellot00tr:
Gonna put the rest in the humidor for a couple of weeks if i can, but i'm weak and might end up smoking a few here and there. Hope these also get better with age-though i'm not sure how much better they can get.

Six Sigma,

Sometimes you eat the bar; and sometimes the bar eats you - The Big Lebowski

Posts: 84 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: February 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts:
You have to smoke some. Ever been given a wrapped Christmas gift and then had it put on a shelf in plain sight everyday and told you can't unwrap it until 4th of July?

yeah-i already smoked 4 out of the 5 that i had. getting a box delivered today, and a box delivered on thurs, so i figured what the hell-i'll save those.

Picture of mbflash80
posted Hide Post
revisited a box of 08 Guapo Maduro and I dont know what happened over the past few years but it was terrible...bitter, grassy,...almost like a young cigar...I was bummed since this was one of my favorite smokes

False guardian I will compel false as the fear of heaven and hell
I should have known its all a mirage just as well

Posts: 2833 | Location: CA | Registered: June 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post