Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Non-Cuban Cigars    Suggestions for Cameroons?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for Cameroons?
 Login/Join

Picture of BigBruce
posted Hide Post
The Cameroon wrapper has prevailed!!!!! I smoked a Don Carlos today and it was great. I've also sampled the short story and the oliva g which were also good. Thank y'all for the advice!

"If you can't send money, send tobacco" - George Washington

Posts: 633 | Location: Knoxville | Registered: November 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BigBruce
posted Hide Post
When I bought mine a while ago, the guy who usually smokes with me and helps me out at the B&M told me they have had that box of Don Carlos almost since the store opened. They just never put the on the shelf, they keep them in a humidified drawer for patrons who ask for them. I'm going back to load up soon.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco" - George Washington

Posts: 633 | Location: Knoxville | Registered: November 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MP:
H. Upmann makes a very nice cameroon wrapped cigar in a churchill, corona, petite corona, lonsdale and toro sizes.

x 2 - these are great, not too pricey either.

Posts: 26 | Location: WV | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ryan242004
posted Hide Post
If you can find one I would suggest an Alec Bradley Native Cameroon. I've always enjoyed them.

Posts: 29 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Extensioncord
posted Hide Post
Here's one that may or may not technically count, but is excellent nonetheless.

Dunhill Signed Range.

While the wrapper is Nicaraguan, the binder is Cameroon and it's prominent flavor-wise. Slightly expensive, but one of the most consistently good non-Cuban cigars around. Try the corona.

Posts: 4471 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think its hard to find a camaroon wrapper that isnt a good cigar! I remember back in the late 70s when I first started smoking machine mades in high school, dutch masters had a camaroon wrapped cigar. ( I worked in a old time drugstore with a humidor- so I tried 1 or everything)! Even the machine made cami was a cut above the others. But with all of them I have enjoyed- it is difficult to surpass the Don Carlos-particularly the smaller belicoso. I have also never had a short story that disappointed.

Posts: 533 | Registered: April 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elcaribe
posted Hide Post
I loke Rocky Patels blue lable Cameroon.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Posts: 4169 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post