Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Non-Cuban Cigars    Don Melo Corona Extra
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don Melo Corona Extra
 Login/Join

posted
I'm VERY new to the world of cigars but have become hooked on good cigars like Romeo & Julieta, Rocky Patel 1990, and Camacho. I recently took a cruise that stopped in Roatan Honduras. I figured what better place to pick up a box of Rocky Patels or Camacho Triple Maduros. I couldn't find a single Rocky Patel or Camacho let alone an entire box. I did find the oh so prevalent Cohibas and Montecristos but I wasn't looking for a Cuban cigar. The lady at the local cigar shop told me she only carried one Honduran cigar, Don Melo Corono Extra. I had never heard of Don Melo but figured what the heck. It wasn't a bad cigar for the price. Not the best cigar I've had but definitly smokeable. I ended up buying the only box she had. Everything I've seen online regarding this cigar show a band with the Name Don Melo on it and Centenarios underneath. The cigar i ended up with have a picture of a man on the band with Don Melo underneath and no Centenarios. It's a box of 20 cigars with Corona Extra printed on the box. Can anyone give me any info on this cigar at all. All I know is that Don Melo was purchased by Altadis but I don't see that name anywhere on the cigars or the box.

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post