New
Find
Notify
Tools

Budget smokes
 Login/Join

Picture of GorditoItaliano
posted
I bought a bundle of Schizo from Christian Eiroa of Camacho fame, this is the short cut filler budget line underneath the Asylum and Asylum 13...I enjoy the whole line but this is a great budget stick.

Also has anybody enjoyed the Vegas 5, I have the red label and I heard the Gold Nuggets were nice too.

Feedback is appreciated for this newbie, I'm getting into cigars recently. I have to say I started back in the early 2000s, when my brother brought back Montecristo, Cohiba, and Romeo y Julieta back from Havana, Cuba. Along with Havana Club Rum to make me some Cuba libre mixed drinks.

I started pretty spoiled and since then I have smoked cigars on a limited basis, however recently I have gotten into bought a small desktop and joined this forum.

Some of my favorites so far have been Liga Privada T52, Feral Flying Pig, Kristoff Corojo, Asylum 13, MUWAT, My Father Le Bijou, and Oliva Serie V Melanio Figerado.

I was also fortunate enough to reacquaint with a CC, my cousin brought me back a Cohiba Siglo IV from the Bahamas in a fancy ass tubo...great smoke.

Posts: 53 | Location: Wintersville, OH | Registered: November 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pyramidsam
posted Hide Post
5 vegas are not bad for the price. A true budget smoke. Never liked the nuggets, too mild for me.

I thought granhabano is pretty decent for about $2 a piece, but needs at least six or more months in the humidor.

IF you know where to look, you can find la aurora 1495 for around $2.50, which is also not bad for the price.

YOu can find many really good cigars for between $3-$4 if you are patient. Check out cigarbid.com if you haven't. Sometimes you can get dirt cheap deals.

To smoke or not to smoke, that's the question.

Posts: 1307 | Registered: June 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cigarmonster is also another good place for deals, right now you can get inferno churchills for 17 for a fiver, highly recommended.

Posts: 40 | Registered: September 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anthony_joseph
posted Hide Post
Brick House Robusto

Posts: 1194 | Location: Prescott, Arizona | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveSur
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3718 | Location: Woodbury, Connecticut | Registered: November 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zman1969
posted Hide Post
I would recommend:

Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte
Any La Goria Cubana line
Punch Gran Puro's
Alec Bradley
EP Carrillo New Wave

Hope this helps. The great thing about this hobby is experimenting all the different cigars, be it Cuban Made or Non-Cuban. Non Cuban cigars have made GREAT strides and rival many Cuban made cigars. ENJOY!

Zoran(Zman)

Posts: 56 | Location: Cliffside Park, NJ Bergen County | Registered: April 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of atlas
posted Hide Post
Has anyone here tried the alcazar maduros 1-5 ? there the first cheap stick i ever liked

Posts: 77 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anthony_joseph:
Brick House Robusto

Agreed. Its a good smoke for the money. One of the problems with budget cigars is that if you don't spend quite enough, you get rolled garbage. If you shop the local B&M's you can usually get a deal on Brick House.

Mike T.

Posts: 1004 | Location: Central PA, USA | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top "budget smoke" right now is an Oliva Serie V Lancero. Got a box from a B&M that was dropping Oliva. $120 for 36. That doesn't help you at all.

I second Flor de Oliva, you have to buy them by the bundle for them to be worth it though. Also second Cigar Monster, just watch out, those mashups are tempting.

Heatware (trade feedback from other forums) : http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=33995

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of atlas
posted Hide Post
So no one has tried the alcazar maduros?? id really recomend them they are my daily smoke

Posts: 77 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SlowPoke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anthony_joseph:
Brick House Robusto

HELL TO THE YEA!!! Love me some Brick House Robusto

Other great budget smokes ($5 give or take range) in my humi all the time:
UnderCrown Robusto
Padron 2000
Warlock Robusto
A.Fuente Chatue Fuente Maduro
Oliva Serie O
AB Tempus (smaller vitolas)

I smoke fewer budget smokes in the colder months simply because I smoke less. In the summer, I'm smoking all the time, and it gets expensive smoking $10-$20 sticks everyday. Well, so the wifie tells me at least! Wink

Also, CI often has amazing deals on great smokes that brings the price down to budget smokes status. Just let em settle for at least 3 weeks before herfing otherwise they are VERY moist.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SlowPoke,

Cut, toast, smoke...repeat

~SlowPoke

Posts: 215 | Location: Appalachian Hills of PA | Registered: September 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meatcake
posted Hide Post
The Genesis Project by Ramon Bueso is tasty and cheap over at CI.

"I smoke my cigar's like all red blooded American's do, wrapped in a Flag, with a Bald Eagle on my shoulder, a gun in my hand and a Camelbak full of Shiner Bock."

Posts: 619 | Location: Frisco, Tx | Registered: May 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
Oliva Serie G Special G cameroon---little flavor bombs and usually less than $3.

Posts: 2734 | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KKL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlowPoke:
UnderCrown Robusto

Where can you get an Undercrown for $5?

Posts: 8470 | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warlock is a great Nic. cigar. Love the flavor. A little higher in price than I like but that seems to be a trend all around.

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Earl The Pearl
posted Hide Post
I second the punch gran puro. Solid medium smoke, all Honduran.

Posts: 668 | Location: Oviedo, FL | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post