Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Non-Cuban Cigars    Herrera Esteli Update
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Herrera Esteli Update
 Login/Join

Picture of floridasmoke
posted Hide Post
I was there yesterday and bought a handful of the lonsdales. They had all sizes in stock but maybe not enough to fulfill online orders.

...smoke 'em if you got 'em

Posts: 2018 | Location: se fla | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of [HTi]Lewis
posted Hide Post
I was able to order a 5 pack. Can't wait to try them!

Just got them in today!
http://i1295.photobucket.com/a...1143_zpsb805679d.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: [HTi]Lewis,

Was that before or after you noticed you were standing in a pool of gasoline?

Posts: 138 | Location: Autzen Stadium, Oregon | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GorditoItaliano
posted Hide Post
I really want to try these I was attempting to order a box on Smoke Inn and instead ordered a box of Four Kicks Sublime. Incredible, I swear right out of the box they had a layer of fine dust that I associated in my mind as some plume, I'm looking for dates. Is it possible for a cigar that's only a year old to develop this.

In addition, I plan on dealing with Smoke Inn on a regular basis, placed the order Saturday night before a big Super Bowl weekend and I was doubting the fact that my order would be processed. By Monday morning I had an email that they were being shipped out, Wednesday evening I came home tonight to find a box from USPS with my 25 count box of Four Kicks with a Smoke Inn fitted "Kiss My Ash" hat along with a handwritten letter from Miguel about my purchase and their customer service. That's amazing, I've been accustomed to real mediocrity of some of the online cigar sites customer service. They will definitely be getting more business. In addition I'm about to place an order for some Herrera Esteli, hopefully a box but I will settle for a 5 pack if they get some more.

I'm so impressed with these "Cuban-esque" balanced beauties like Headly Grange, Riqueza, Four Kicks, and I can't wait to see what Willy and Drew Estate are churning out in small batch perfection.

Salute,

Anthony Rasicci

Posts: 53 | Location: Wintersville, OH | Registered: November 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jonathan Drew
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I am sorry about the delay, but the news I have for release on the HERRERA ESTELI is March 1st.

Hope that this helps for anyone looking for them.

Best,
JD

Posts: 416 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: December 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZaneG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Drew:
Guys,

I am sorry about the delay, but the news I have for release on the HERRERA ESTELI is March 1st.

Hope that this helps for anyone looking for them.

Best,
JD

Thanks for the update. I can hold off on my search.

"Trust But Verify" - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 621 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a "Cuban-esque" experience, then smoke a Cuban cigar. Furthermore, Cuban cigars is an outdated benchmark.

quote:
Originally posted by GorditoItaliano:

I'm so impressed with these "Cuban-esque" balanced beauties like Headly Grange, Riqueza, Four Kicks, and I can't wait to see what Willy and Drew Estate are churning out in small batch perfection.

Salute,

Anthony Rasicci

Posts: 1127 | Location: Motor City | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jonathan Drew
posted Hide Post
Gdavis ... agreed.

Remember, sometimes when people think about Cuban Cigars it's not really the Cuban Cigar taste that they necessarily want, but the Cuban Cigar dream. How to say this in the right and respectful way - Hmmm.Well ....

Best,
JD

Posts: 416 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: December 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GorditoItaliano
posted Hide Post
Sorry I quoted the term Cuban esque, it's meant as a compliment, not trying to knock any of the great retro looking cigars with simplistic yet classy bands. Bundled with ribbon in simple packaging. This is a trend I'm seeing and is a good one, look I don't smoke Cubans on a regular basis I'm all about Nicaraguan tobacco. I'm not trying to pay 400 for a box of smokes, the first cigars I smoked were Montecristo, Cohiba, and Romeo y Julietta that my bro brought back from Cuba over ten years ago. Guess what smokes got me back into this hobby, Acid Kuba Kuba. Those Cubans were smoked in 2001, and after that maybe I had a cigar a year, then in 2004 I started working at racetrack and gaming resort that had a cigar bar. The cigars that got me excited about smoking again were infused Acids mainly Kuba Kuba, and it got me back into this hobby as a passion and opened up other cigars to me. Now in 2013 I still have a special place for Acid Kuba Kuba but I prefer the Kuba Maduro and Tabak Especial lines.

What has gotten me excited about smoking is the great small batch releases I've tried Viaje, Crowned Heads, Liga Privada, etc. That's why I want to try Herrera Esteli, not because it's Cuban esque.

Posts: 53 | Location: Wintersville, OH | Registered: November 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
I apologize Anthony. Continue to enjoy cigars for the qualities that satisfy you, and not because of the band...there are a lot of posers in this "hobby".

quote:
Originally posted by GorditoItaliano:
Sorry I quoted the term Cuban esque, it's meant as a compliment, not trying to knock any of the great retro looking cigars with simplistic yet classy bands. Bundled with ribbon in simple packaging. This is a trend I'm seeing and is a good one, look I don't smoke Cubans on a regular basis I'm all about Nicaraguan tobacco. I'm not trying to pay 400 for a box of smokes, the first cigars I smoked were Montecristo, Cohiba, and Romeo y Julietta that my bro brought back from Cuba over ten years ago. Guess what smokes got me back into this hobby, Acid Kuba Kuba. Those Cubans were smoked in 2001, and after that maybe I had a cigar a year, then in 2004 I started working at racetrack and gaming resort that had a cigar bar. The cigars that got me excited about smoking again were infused Acids mainly Kuba Kuba, and it got me back into this hobby as a passion and opened up other cigars to me. Now in 2013 I still have a special place for Acid Kuba Kuba but I prefer the Kuba Maduro and Tabak Especial lines.

What has gotten me excited about smoking is the great small batch releases I've tried Viaje, Crowned Heads, Liga Privada, etc. That's why I want to try Herrera Esteli, not because it's Cuban esque.

Posts: 1127 | Location: Motor City | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jonathan Drew
posted Hide Post
Understood, fellas.

The beautiful thing about cigars, whisky, wine, etc is that there are very few rights and wrongs. It's about The Experience that you prefer, both in actual taste, brand & company style, and other factors that are personal.

We have never really had a "CUBAN INFLUENCE" at Drew Estate until Willy Herrera. While we are in the cigar business 100%, we have always managed things with a Nicaraguan style and with Nicaragua as our central theme. We never tried to emulate the Cuban Experience. Now, with Willy Herrera and the Herrera Esteli brand we have looked in the direction to explore that world, touching some of the taste profiles of cubanesque and of course, Nicaragua, Ecuador etc.

It's an exciting time, and not since the release of Liga Privada, have we invested so much time and energy into the release of a new product as the HERRERA ESTELI. I'm excited about it and excited to see the leadership qualities that Willy will bring to the table.

So far, he is working well with Saka and Nicholas, as well as the rollers and buncheros and supervisors at the factory.

Best,
JD

Picture of Deadman's Point
posted Hide Post
Got a lil' surprise at my doorstep from the boys @ Drew Estate all because of a slight problem in a pre-release box. JD and co hit me with a pile of the HE toros, a DE hat, and an Undercrown cutter. Rebirth of cigars my azz; rebirth of commitment to customers is more like it.

J. Brooke & J. Drew made my Xmas card list. Well done, gents.

...actually, all of this is a lie...

Posts: 608 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post