Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Non-Cuban Cigars    Is this common practice ?????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this common practice ?????
 Login/Join

Picture of Kryptic4l
posted
Ordered a box of little monsters some time ago, payed a rediculous amount for shipping. 40 dollars cross boarder.

And then to open a dinky little package with the loose sticks inside a ziploc ???? No box to be found.

edit: forgot to add, my package also was shipped with no form of temporary humidity control. which has been pretty much standard from most everyone else.

Posts: 169 | Location: Alberta, Canada  | Registered: April 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZaneG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryptic4l:
Ordered a box of little monsters some time ago, payed a rediculous amount for shipping. 40 dollars cross boarder.

And then to open a dinky little package with the loose sticks inside a ziploc ???? No box to be found.

edit: forgot to add, my package also was shipped with no form of temporary humidity control. which has been pretty much standard from most everyone else.

Ordered from ebay??? That's crazy.

"Trust But Verify" - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 629 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Squarehead
posted Hide Post
It never happened to me and I ordered quite a few boxes.

"The world is a book,those who don't travel read only one page",St.Augustine

Posts: 2005 | Location: Brantford,Ontario | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZaneG
posted Hide Post
Did customs destroy it maybe?

"Trust But Verify" - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 629 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kryptic4l
posted Hide Post
not an ebay order, a website

Posts: 169 | Location: Alberta, Canada  | Registered: April 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kryptic4l
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZaneG:
Did customs destroy it maybe?

doubtful. as all the cigars came in a baggy saying fine cigars. Im sure customs does not keep these on hand

Picture of Boss Hog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Squarehead:
It never happened to me and I ordered quite a few boxes.

Likewise.

Posts: 1341 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wacco
posted Hide Post
Contact the vendor and ask what happened.

It's never happened to me.

--------------
Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Tombstone, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullhumi
posted Hide Post
Time to find a new vendor.

Posts: 556 | Location: The Ville | Registered: March 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pyramidsam
posted Hide Post
For the amount they charge for shipping, they should send the cigars n box separate top avoid distraction.

To smoke or not to smoke, that's the question.

Posts: 1307 | Registered: June 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'd think they were shipping CCs, lol.. Good luck getting the rest of the box -- although it doesn't sound likely.

Posts: 179 | Location: Palm Springs, CA | Registered: October 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kryptic4l
posted Hide Post
ok, at least it sounds feasible for me to be really p.o'd about the situation.

I have contacted the vendor, we will see how it goes. If they fix the issue, great. If they dont, well then I will release the name.

posted Hide Post
quote:
ok, at least it sounds feasible for me to be really p.o'd about the situation.

I have contacted the vendor, we will see how it goes. If they fix the issue, great. If they dont, well then I will release the name.

I say phuck 'em! Out the bastards! They screwed you on shipping, and screwed you again on your purchase. If they did this to you, they're doing it to others, and don't deserve any more business.

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"

Posts: 1354 | Registered: July 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kryptic4l
posted Hide Post
We reserve the right to remove cigars from their original box and repackage any order. This is especially important for international shipments. When you place an order you agree to these terms by default.

Just found this on cigars-now.com website, So i guess I wont have a case, and have not heard back from them today. I can however express my feelings on forums.

Picture of pyramidsam
posted Hide Post
Don't you hate it when you have to click on "I agree to the terms and conditions" and didn't feel like reading the bs thinking its all the same? The question is where is the customer service? If they don't send you the box and you really want it, I can send you mine. Just the box of course Big Grin But its the second version not the first with the picture on the outside. Shoot me an email.

quote:
We reserve the right to remove cigars from their original box and repackage any order. This is especially important for international shipments. When you place an order you agree to these terms by default.

Just found this on cigars-now.com website, So i guess I wont have a case, and have not heard back from them today. I can however express my feelings on forums.

To smoke or not to smoke, that's the question.

Posts: 1307 | Registered: June 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kryptic4l
posted Hide Post
pyramidsam, I appreaciate the offer, but I will do without, I already have one box. Ill figure out something.( like actually smoke these) This whole situation just caught me off guard.

lesson learned about the terms and conditions, especially in the cigar world. I think i will have to start reading them when dealing with vendors.

I did get a prompt response to the second email I sent. Basically a dick response to me being a dick. So were even.

MP try the email if you need to get ahold of them, it seems like buddy has it connected to his blackberry, so if its important he will respond.