Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Non-Cuban Cigars    Padron Anniversary Series
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Padron Anniversary Series
 Login/Join

Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elcaribe:
I love the 1926 series. All of them.

I love them too, all of them. I get them from Holt's when available on sale. Molto delicioso! They make my mouth water just thinking about them.

Ay! fo'ggeta 'bout it... I'm bustin' beans over here, eh!

Posts: 176 | Location: Some where in the woods, Pacific Southwest. | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leo Antrassian:
I love all the padrons, I have 1926, PAM's and even have a couple of the 80's in my humidor. But the other cigar I find exceptional are opusx I know that they are nothing alike but i find them amazing.

I think Opus-X is over rated, however, I do love the Lost City, delicioso! I succumb to an overwhelming Pavlov's dog effect just thinking about them.

Posts: 176 | Location: Some where in the woods, Pacific Southwest. | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oby:
I've personally never tried them, but I've been told that the Ortega Maduro is a good alternative

Foggeta 'bout alternative, get the real thing. You'll love it.

Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carver:
Shifting the subject a little, for Padron lovers, what non-Padron cigars do you find to be truly exceptional? If price was no object.

Fuente Opus-X Lost City.

Picture of Leo Antrassian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IB Vitola:
quote:
I love all the padrons, I have 1926, PAM's and even have a couple of the 80's in my humidor. But the other cigar I find exceptional are opusx I know that they are nothing alike but i find them amazing.

I think Opus-X is over rated, however, I do love the Lost City, delicioso! I succumb to an overwhelming Pavlov's dog effect just thinking about them.

If I were to pick one size to try from the lost city what size do you recommend?

---------------
"Ceegar? CohEEEEEEba, MonteKreesto, berrry good price my friend! My Fader work at the factory!"

-Every Swindler in Havana, Cuba

Posts: 538 | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pyramidsam
posted Hide Post
Ah you see here is where I differ. I love opus x the regular line, not so much the other variations. Properly aged, I think they are the only nc that come close to approaching cc flavor.

quote:
quote:

To smoke or not to smoke, that's the question.

Posts: 1307 | Registered: June 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pyramidsam
posted Hide Post
All the lost city sizes have about the same ring gauge, so try a robusto to see if you like it before shelling out big bucks for them.

quote:
quote:
quote:

If I were to pick one size to try from the lost city what size do you recommend?

Picture of Carver
posted Hide Post
Pyramidsam:

What's proper aging for an Opus X? A year, more? I have tried several but not really aged and none of them even came close to the PAMs. The OpusX seems fairly available right now, so I may get some to put away, wondering how long.

Posts: 71 | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's preference my boy, preference. I like the Robusto 5.5x52

P.S. Try them all. Pick your favorite.

Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pyramidsam:
Ah you see here is where I differ. I love opus x the regular line, not so much the other variations. Properly aged, I think they are the only nc that come close to approaching cc flavor.

[QUOTE] CC flavor? Have you tried El Rey Del Mundo...Now that'sa Cuban, nice and peppery.

Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pyramidsam:

What's proper aging for an Opus X? A year, more? I have tried several but not really aged and none of them even came close to the PAMs. The OpusX seems fairly available right now, so I may get some to put away, wondering how long.

Years, onea, twoa, treea; I don no. Maybea expert can chimea ina.

Picture of pyramidsam
posted Hide Post
Excellent cc. Choix supreme and demi tasse are my favorite. Tainos if you can find em.

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pyramidsam:

[QUOTE] CC flavor? Have you tried El Rey Del Mundo...Now that'sa Cuban, nice and peppery.

Picture of pyramidsam
posted Hide Post
Opus x Hijacking Pam thread. LOL. Sorry! Quick answer, try not to smoke fresh opus X until one year aging. They hit their prime in three and on wards. I recently had a 10 yr old no. 2 that was out of this world. Also keep the humidity not higher than 65 if possible. Usually fresh opus xs are a little tight due to the moisture.

quote:
Pyramidsam:

posted Hide Post
quote:
PAM Exclusivo

I had a PAM Exclusivo for the first time the other night and thought it was pretty good. I'm more of a 1926 guy as I've never had a 1964 series smoke ever blow me away except for one stick, the maduro 45 family reserve. To me its hands down the best cigar in the 1964 line.

Posts: 9 | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post