Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Non-Cuban Cigars    Padron Anniversary Series
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Padron Anniversary Series
 Login/Join

posted
I absolutely love the 1964 Series, so which of the anniversary series are worth it?

Posts: 156 | Registered: October 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveSur
posted Hide Post
All of them LOL.

But my favorite is the 64 series in a maduro wrapper, better known as a PAM.

(_________]]]~~

Posts: 3730 | Location: Woodbury, Connecticut | Registered: November 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boolee
posted Hide Post
Just got finished smoking one after about 3 months of rest in the humi..... Very nice

Give life a try...

Posts: 791 | Location: Hollywood, SC | Registered: September 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveSur:
All of them LOL.

Steve is right, all of them are worth it IMO...obviously they arent all the most affordable, but when you can have some of the others, I doubt youll ever be dissatisfied.

The next time some academics tell you how important "diversity" is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department. -- Thomas Sowell

Posts: 416 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To answer your question: PAM Exclusivo, PAM Superior, Natural Principe are the best I've had in the 64 series.

Posts: 583 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: April 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Carver
posted Hide Post
I love the Exclusivo in the '64 series, but also the Toro that is sold at the TAA affiliated shops. The toro is about equal to the #9 of the '26 series, also fabulous.

Posts: 71 | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
My favorite is the 1926 maduro. Molto biene, Delicioso!

Ay! fo'ggeta 'bout it... I'm bustin' beans over here, eh!

Posts: 176 | Location: Some where in the woods, Pacific Southwest. | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malimn
posted Hide Post
My favorite is the 1926 Maduro 80 Year Anny..

GREAT stick..

Posts: 59 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malimn:
My favorite is the 1926 Maduro 80 Year Anny..

GREAT stick..

X2

Posts: 176 | Location: Some where in the woods, Pacific Southwest. | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the PAM Exclusivo and also the PAM Superior. Because of the box press the Superior is the closest thing in the line to a lancero (even though it has a 42 ring gauge) and it's the best priced for what you get.

Posts: 240 | Location: PEI Canada | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
Padron is one of a few cigar makers that consistently produces high quality sticks. It's a matter of individual taste/mood when selecting a line. My favorite is the '26 40th Natural. Their maduros are wonderful too, rich.

Posts: 1127 | Location: Motor City | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gdavis67:
Padron is one of a few cigar makers that consistently produces high quality sticks. It's a matter of individual taste/mood when selecting a line. My favorite is the '26 40th Natural. Their maduros are wonderful too, rich.

I agree!

My favorite is the PAM 1926 No. 9.

The regular Padron line is excellent as well. The Delicias maduro are great for a quick smoke.

Posts: 465 | Location: Waco, TX | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveSur
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of them LOL.

I should also mention the 80th is my (real) favorite but it's just too pricey to smoke more often than a special occasion.

(_________]]]~~

Posts: 3730 | Location: Woodbury, Connecticut | Registered: November 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
All of them LOL.

I should also mention the 80th is my (real) favorite but it's just too pricey to smoke more often than a special occasion.

My sentiments exactly!

The next time some academics tell you how important "diversity" is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department. -- Thomas Sowell

Posts: 416 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pyramidsam
posted Hide Post
Its kinda sad seeing so many people swear by them but padron never appeal to me. Except for the 80th I have tried all the line and don't find them to be outstanding. Not bad, but nothing special. I guess taste is subjective. Frown

To smoke or not to smoke, that's the question.

Posts: 1307 | Registered: June 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pyramidsam:
Its kinda sad seeing so many people swear by them but padron never appeal to me. Except for the 80th I have tried all the line and don't find them to be outstanding. Not bad, but nothing special. I guess taste is subjective. Frown

Subjective IS the operative word here. No need to be sad, be happy and enjoy your preferences.

Picture of Carver
posted Hide Post
Shifting the subject a little, for Padron lovers, what non-Padron cigars do you find to be truly exceptional? If price was no object.

Posts: 71 | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've personally never tried them, but I've been told that the Ortega Maduro is a good alternative

Posts: 156 | Registered: October 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leo Antrassian
posted Hide Post
I love all the padrons, I have 1926, PAM's and even have a couple of the 80's in my humidor. But the other cigar I find exceptional are opusx I know that they are nothing alike but i find them amazing.

---------------
"Ceegar? CohEEEEEEba, MonteKreesto, berrry good price my friend! My Fader work at the factory!"

-Every Swindler in Havana, Cuba

Posts: 538 | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elcaribe
posted Hide Post
I love the 1926 series. All of them.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post