Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Non-Cuban Cigars    Mild to medium NC puros
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mild to medium NC puros
 Login/Join

posted
I can't think of any mild to medium NC puro, every time I think about a NC puro they are always on full bodied side. I was just curious to see if anyone had suggestions...

Maybe some of the less known brands from cubancrafters?

Posts: 53 | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Enduin:
I can't think of any mild to medium NC puro, every time I think about a NC puro they are always on full bodied side. I was just curious to see if anyone had suggestions...

Maybe some of the less known brands from cubancrafters?

La Fontana Vintage (Hond)
Dunhill Aged Dominican
Cubano Claro (Nicar Puro)...my favorite from Crafters.

Posts: 1127 | Location: Motor City | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MP:
Schizo by Asylum
Inferno by Oliva These were made only for famous Smoke Shop

Go to www.jrcigar.com
for the schizo

and the inferno at www.famous-smoke.com

You won't believe how cheap these are in price. I bought a box of each and only spent $92.00 for both. They are a great change of pace cigar, both are puro's and both have a great taste and profile.

Thanks, but are you sure these are mild? The inferno contains ligero, and the Asylum is advertised as medium-full...

Picture of anthony_joseph
posted Hide Post
Punch Gran Puro is a medium bodied smoke. I used to smoke them when I first started smoking. Not a bad smoke.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Prescott, Arizona | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gdavis67:

Dunhill Aged Dominican

I was actually thinking about the Fontana, I really like Camachos (the corojo diploma is one of my all time favorites) but I'm not totally sold on the sweetened cap thing... How are those Fonatanas?

The Cubano Claro sounds interesting, I don't wanna get a whole box of something I've never tried though, I'm gonna look if I can find a small sampler.
On a different note I didn't know they were growing Connecticut shade in Nicaragua, I wonder how it compares to the USA Conn and the Equador one.

Btw I was looking on a vendor website and it says the Dunhill Aged Dominicans sport a USA Conn wrapper, did they get it wrong?

Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dunhill Aged Dominican

I was actually thinking about the Fontana, I really like Camachos (the corojo diploma is one of my all time favorites) but I'm not totally sold on the sweetened cap thing... How are those Fonatanas?

The Cubano Claro sounds interesting, I don't wanna get a whole box of something I've never tried though, I'm gonna look if I can find a small sampler.
On a different note I didn't know they were growing Connecticut shade in Nicaragua, I wonder how it compares to the USA Conn and the Equador one.

Btw I was looking on a vendor website and it says the Dunhill Aged Dominicans sport a USA Conn wrapper, did they get it wrong?

I like the Fontana with my morning breakfast blend coffee (with milk). I'm NOT a fan of flavored/infused cigars, but the Fontana is moderately sweetened with sugar gum...it generally disappears after 1/3.

Stand corrected on the Dunhills...really really mild smoke.

Per Crafter's site, all tobac on the Cubano is sourced from one farm in Nicar. Flavor similar to the Illusione Epernay, but milder body. Snagged a box of Cubano Petit under $60...the humidor box is crap.

Posts: 1127 | Location: Motor City | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
La Casita Criolla is med body US puro (rolled in Nicaragua). It's meh...too much wrapper leaf (imo).

posted Hide Post
What about the Santos de Miami box press? Anyone tried it?

Picture of SteveSur
posted Hide Post
Oliva - Connecticut Reserve

http://www.olivacigar.com/conn...rve_oliva_cigar.aspx

(_________]]]~~

Posts: 3716 | Location: Woodbury, Connecticut | Registered: November 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oliva master blend and the new melanio...mild to medium...there are a lot more in my humi but I just glanced over there

Posts: 31 | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a bit confused, when you say NC are you speaking of Non Cuban or Nica's? There are dozens of dominican puro's that are very mild smokes.

Posts: 84 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KKL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c50:
Oliva master blend and the new melanio...mild to medium...

I don't find either of these in the mild to medium range.

Posts: 8470 | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KKL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbapuro:
I am a bit confused, when you say NC are you speaking of Non Cuban or Nica's? There are dozens of dominican puro's that are very mild smokes.

non cuban

Posts: 8470 | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks for clarifying. Like I said, many puros from DR in the mild to medium range.
BTW the Serie V Melanio is not a puro, wrapper is sumatran.

Posts: 84 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep I meant non Cuban. I don't know about Dominican puros, there are not that many, and most milder smokes use a Connecticut USA/Ecuador wrapper. When I think about Dominican puros I think about OpusX, Litto Gomez, definitely not mild cigars.

Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about the Santos de Miami box press? Anyone tried it?

The Santos is a nice medium body smoke. Clean flavors...I sensed a little of mint as well. The Haven is an extreme box-press with a pigtail cap. Snagged a 10ct box for $50 (online auction).

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MP:
Schizo by Asylum
Inferno by Oliva These were made only for famous Smoke Shop

Go to www.jrcigar.com
for the schizo

and the inferno at www.famous-smoke.com

You won't believe how cheap these are in price. I bought a box of each and only spent $92.00 for both. They are a great change of pace cigar, both are puro's and both have a great taste and profile.

Inferno is the best deal going. You can often pick up $15 five packs on monster. Absolutely perfect burn, and an interesting, complex flavor that changes as you smoke.

I'm a total cigar noob, but I feel like they'd be even better with age. It tasted sort of like a really good soup that hasn't had time to simmer, I could taste the individual elements rather than a single unifying flavor.

Also they offer free economy shipping.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Daniel Bourgeois,

Posts: 40 | Registered: September 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Santos is a nice medium body smoke. Clean flavors...I sensed a little of mint as well. The Haven is an extreme box-press with a pigtail cap. Snagged a 10ct box for $50 (online auction).

Thanks, I ordered a couple, I can't wait to try them out!

Picture of gdavis67
posted Hide Post
Plasencia Reserva Organica (Nicar puro) is really nice. Not complex but a great overall sweet tobacco core (recommend the robusto and corona).

posted Hide Post
I might try that! I just received my package with the Santos de Miami. I'll give them a week in humi before trying the first one. Of Im not happy with it Ill give the second stick a couple of months more...

Btw, what about the CLE Quarenta? I read they are on the medium side. I'm also curious about Eiroa's solo adventure.