New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joya de esteli
 Login/Join

Picture of Philllys
posted
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried these and if so are they any good? I would greatly appreciate any info. I have searched the forum and have not turned up much.

Thanks

Posts: 483 | Location: Gatineau, Qc | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GorditoItaliano
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about Joya de Esteli, I'm smoking a Joya de Nicaragua dark corojo Anatano. As MP mentioned there's Herrera Esteli coming out of Drew Estate who works with JdN on some of their blends like the Baitfish and My Uzi Weighs A Ton cigars.

Posts: 53 | Location: Wintersville, OH | Registered: November 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Philllys
posted Hide Post
No it is definitely Joya de Esteli and it has the same logo as Joya de Nicaragua but not the same name (logo looks the same with 3 green tobacco leaves)

Posts: 483 | Location: Gatineau, Qc | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GorditoItaliano
posted Hide Post
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32309

Here's some folks on another forum talking about the Joya de Esteli, some reviews and talk about the cigar. It sounds like a cigar that has limited or no distribution in the US.

Here's the owner of the brands response in that forum:

Hola, buenas yo hablo español, les quiero informar que yo soy el dueño de esta gran marca, digo gran marca porque es muy vendida en Nicaragua a extranjeros como ustedes, bueno también les ofrezco varias marcas como:
Diamante de las segovias entre otros, si quieren mas información pueden comunicarse o ponerse en contacto conmigo, aquí mis datos:
Teléfono: (505) 27141298
Celular: (505)88565905
Correo: rodolfo_torrez@yahoo.com

With translation:

Hello, good I speak Spanish, I want to report that I am the owner of this great brand, I say great brand because it is sold in Nicaragua to foreigners like you, they also offer several good brands like:
Diamond of Segovia and others, if you want further information, or to contact me, here my data:

Posts: 53 | Location: Wintersville, OH | Registered: November 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Philllys
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info much appreciated, I have never smoked NC's before and a friend of mine brought some back from Nicaragua, I have yet to try one but I did cut one just to see what the pre-draw was like and I got a very strong tingely feeling on my lips, I thought what the hell I will throw the in a empty slb in the cooly because they seemed a little fresh. They are churchills and have a very nice construction and I did get a smell of sweet hay. anyways once they have rested a while I will try one out and see for myself.

Cheers

posted Hide Post
Hello all,

The Joya de Esteli products have no relation whatsoever to or with JOYA DE NICARAGUA. In fact, the former has some legal actions pending in Nicaragua for obvious IP infringement. The "...de Esteli" products are sold only in local markets and have no international recognition.

JOYA DE NICARAGUA is the Oldest Nicaraguan cigar, established in 1968. It's the maker of Antaño 1970, Antaño Dark Corojo, Cabinetta Series, CYB, Celebración and Joya de Nicaragua Clásico, among many others.

I hope this clarify any confusion. Have a great one!

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post