Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Food, Drink and Travel    So you want to go on a cruise...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So you want to go on a cruise...
 Login/Join

Picture of SteveSur
posted
Chech this out...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/13/...index.html?hpt=hp_c1

...and this:

Would you go on this ship after this cruise is over ? :

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/12/...index.html?hpt=hp_t4

(_________]]]~~

Posts: 3715 | Location: Woodbury, Connecticut | Registered: November 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think all cruise lines are going to take a sh-t kicking after this one,especially Carnival.That's the 3rd incident in two years that we know about.

"A cigar ought not to be smoked solely by the mouth ,but with the hands,the eyes and with the spirit." Zino Davidoff

Posts: 819 | Location: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: April 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Docbarry
posted Hide Post
I have been on almost 20-cruises and have never experienced a problem.

After an air crash, would you ever dare fly again?

After an automobile accident, would you ever go anyplace by car again?

These incidents, although severe and traumatic for the passengers, are rare.

I am going on a cruise again in March.

Doc ***** Tobacco is a filthy weed, I like it...

SNOB Member 1033 1/3

Posts: 17686 | Location: In the woods of Dutchess County, NY...Hecho En The Bronx | Registered: May 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hangfire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Docbarry:
I have been on almost 20-cruises and have never experienced a problem.

After an air crash, would you ever dare fly again?

After an automobile accident, would you ever go anyplace by car again?

These incidents, although severe and traumatic for the passengers, are rare.

I am going on a cruise again in March.

Well, if I were in the plane I doubt I would fly again but that was probably not what you meant.

Your point is well made. These things happen. Life is not always perfectly safe. I've never been on a cruise but would not turn the opportunity down just because of something like this.

Posts: 3275 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love cruises, I am taking my whole family on a cruise in April.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Miami and New York | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveSur
posted Hide Post
The point of my post; is it possible to clean up the Carnival Triumph to where it’s sanitary again?

Carnival could re-name the ship, so you’ll never know if you’re on the same ship that had raw sewage soaking all walls/floors/ceilings and kitchen of the ship.

Because the ship (and most all cruise ships) is governed by Bahamas Maritime Authority, they don’t have to abide by US law.

If this was a house in the US, it would be condemned and torn down.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SteveSur,

(_________]]]~~

Posts: 3715 | Location: Woodbury, Connecticut | Registered: November 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swoledouglas
posted Hide Post
My in-laws were supposed to leave on that ship next thursday. Needless to say their cruise was canceled. I also knew 5 people on that ship.

Above all, brothers, do not swear oaths by heaven, by earth, or by any other object. Instead, let your "Yes" mean yes and your "No" mean no! Otherwise, you may fall under condemnation.
James 5:12

Posts: 33 | Location: Killeen/Temple Texas | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Docbarry
posted Hide Post
"While under tow to a shipyard in Norfolk, VA the Carnival Triumph started taking on water. The tow lines were cut by the tugs captain and the proud ship sank to the bottom of the Atlantic in 1600 feet of water. Carnival announced that itwould not be worth raising the ship."

->Wink

SNOB Member 1033 1/3

Posts: 17686 | Location: In the woods of Dutchess County, NY...Hecho En The Bronx | Registered: May 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Squarehead
posted Hide Post
What I can't understand is that cruiseships don't have another engine coupled with a generator somewhere else on the ship to at least provide some electricity.Nevermind a/c but keep the kitchen and toilets running.This shouldn't be too difficult for Engineers to figure out.

"The world is a book,those who don't travel read only one page",St.Augustine

Posts: 2006 | Location: Brantford,Ontario | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JB-07
posted Hide Post
quote:
terminal mouth and tongue cancer, would you ever light up a cigar again

yes

"The future is no place to place your better days"

Posts: 3474 | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Docbarry
posted Hide Post
If I was terminal, what would I have to lose?

SNOB Member 1033 1/3

Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't even hesitate to go on another cruise...though I'd probably stay away from Carnival. Royal Caribbean is great.

Posts: 2734 | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post