New
Find
Notify
Tools

The DR
 Login/Join

Picture of jisurfer
posted
I've got a friend going to tshe DR for business this weekend. Is there any smaller brand cigars, he should get me? I like robusto sizes, mild to medium strength. Not looking for anything fancy, just something cheap and decent I cant get in the states. Any thoughts on coffee too?

Posts: 21 | Location: The Creek, SC | Registered: May 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Executive Editor
Cigar Aficionado
Picture of David Savona
posted Hide Post
Funny thing about the Dominican Republic--it's not the cigar-buying paradise you might think. As most of the nation's cigars are made in free trade zones, the lion's share is exported out of the country. The DR also has plenty of fakes.

For coffee, the one produced by Karoma Estate is very good.

Posts: 3193 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: April 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jisurfer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I had heard that about their cigars. I'm not really picky when it cones to certain things. I once had a friend that would get me a bundle of handmades in Puerto Rico for $5, they'd maybe last 10 or 15 minutes, but I was happy. What about a brand called Casals?

Posts: 21 | Location: The Creek, SC | Registered: May 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Squarehead
posted Hide Post
Look for Casals.They're decent cigars.

"The world is a book,those who don't travel read only one page",St.Augustine

Posts: 2023 | Location: Brantford,Ontario | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Don Lucas brand is a pretty good cigar ,mid priced $10 Robusto

"A cigar ought not to be smoked solely by the mouth ,but with the hands,the eyes and with the spirit." Zino Davidoff

Posts: 819 | Location: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: April 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BigBruce
posted Hide Post
The Don Lucas black label petit belicoso is incredible. I bought two bundles and they're relishing in my humidor.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco" - George Washington

Posts: 633 | Location: Knoxville | Registered: November 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post