Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Absinthe.. Anyone.
 Login/Join

posted
Any recommendations on a good Absinthe with a good cigar...

Can't we all just get along?

Posts: 301 | Location: SGV, CA. | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You ain't kidding. This stuff is a handful, but also very good if you find the right one..

Posts: 301 | Location: SGV, CA. | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KF
posted Hide Post
I'll stick to my knob creek single barrel.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. - William Wallace

Posts: 942 | Location: Ky, USA | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
You drink absinthe usually with equal parts water and a sugar cube so you're not drinking it straight at 75%. I've tried spirits similar to Absinthe, one being Arak in the Middle East. THAT stuff is pretty horrible. I didn't know you had to dilute it with water and I drank it straight. Like anise-flavored lighter fluid.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Cohen:
This stuff sounds downright lethal, 74% ABV. http://www.originalabsinthe.co...e-original-p-57.html

I am guessing Absinthe would have the same effect on the brain as an EMP would have on a 1 Tb thumb drive.

Posts: 2733 | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
I'm going to file a harrassment lawsuit restraining order against you...you are such a creeper.

You should take a look at this:
http://www.ncsl.org/issues-res...harassment-laws.aspx

Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
I've never mentioned anthony bourdain on this forum, only on FOH. You are a stalker...you obviously have a keen interest in me for some reason. I'm reporting you to the police and the FBI. They will find your IP address and track you down. If you think I'm kidding...

quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged:
quote:
Originally posted by dangolf18:
I'm going to file a harrassment lawsuit restraining order against you...you are such a creeper.

HAHAHA!?

What the hell?

Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
What is your handle on FOH...I'm going to e-mail them to find out if you are registered (registered before today just in case you try to register now).

quote:
quote:
I've never mentioned anthony bourdain on this forum, only on FOH. You are a stalker...you obviously have a keen interest in me for some reason. I'm reporting you to the police and the FBI. They will find your IP address and track you down. If you think I'm kidding...

quote:
quote:

HAHAHA!?

What the hell?

I am registered.

On FOH, ICC, Puff.

And few other boards.

But never post.

I read what you.

And others post.

That's a threat?

You are mental.

posted Hide Post
Where can you find Arak for sale? That would be something different.

posted Hide Post
States

posted Hide Post
Appreciate that. I will try the Turkish first.

Picture of famoso2166
posted Hide Post
Dangolf, it is not illegal to be a LURKER on other forums or any forum for that matter. Unless your physical well being is either being threatened by someone, what basis do you have to get law enforcement involved? Just sayin...

Supercharged is currently under moderator censorship for no good reason.

Posts: 876 | Location: cold,crappy Canada | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
He comes up with B.S. b/c he's not a registered user on FOH and stalks people. I asked him what his handle is on FOH and he can't come up with an answer. This guy is a psycho. He sent over 100 emails to 50+ members of CA and called several members leaving revolting messages. Of course he denies it. That is part of the sickness. I just talked to one of my friends on fb whose dad is an extremely successful lawyer. I asked him to ask his dad about my fiasco on this board and I could file plaints against Supercharged....aka Frank D, Prince Bob, Ahmed, Chased, etc.

Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
Sweet dreams...Smile

Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
Just to warn you, lawyers don't take monopoly money....just thought you should know.

Picture of jezz
posted Hide Post
Oh yes. I have tried many different Absinthes. I keep returning to Pernod. I love the strength of it and the fact that you can wash car parts in it. Amazing!

Posts: 191 | Location: Hobart Australia | Registered: July 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried some but the best one I 'remember' is the one with the Vangoh (SP?) face on it. It has herb in it and the disticntive smell of absynthe.

We started drinking it with sugar and stuff but we quicly found that with was way too complicated so we drank it in shooters straight out of the bottle.

Result I was drunk like I never was. It's a shame we cannot have those here in Canada...

Posts: 31 | Location: The freezer!  | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing prevents us from having it in canada is my understanding. I've got a few bottles that I brought through customs on the way back from europe. I got selected for a secondary customs screening both times and they took a peek at it and weren't concerned in the least. Versinthe is pretty much identical and also quite tasty, and my preference.

Twitter: @YEGCigar

Posts: 443 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oliverdst
posted Hide Post
Even in sweet cocktails Absinth tastes extremely bitter.

Due to its high %G/L some air companies don´t allow you go aboard with absinth in the hand luggage.
I didn´t know that so in Czech Republic I bought a bottle in the duty free area and could board with it.

Posts: 261 | Location: Brazil | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
If you walk into a liquor store in Prague, all you will find is absinthe...so strange. That and becherovka which is revolting (but cheap at 7-8 euros a bottle).

quote:
Originally posted by oliverdst:
Even in sweet cocktails Absinth tastes extremely bitter.

Due to its high %G/L some air companies don´t allow you go aboard with absinth in the hand luggage.
I didn´t know that so in Czech Republic I bought a bottle in the duty free area and could board with it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsquigs:
Nothing prevents us from having it in canada is my understanding. I've got a few bottles that I brought through customs on the way back from europe. I got selected for a secondary customs screening both times and they took a peek at it and weren't concerned in the least. Versinthe is pretty much identical and also quite tasty, and my preference.

Well I'll be damned ! I listened to the reps at the SAQ and the guy in charge of the products told it's nono to import in canaduh....

Posts: 31 | Location: The freezer!  | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post