Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liberia, Costa Rica
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any experience in buying Cuban cigars in Costa Rica. Flying into liberia and I see on the web that they have a new airport with a duty free on the way in. I can't find any info on the subject that isn't at least 3yrs old? Heading down there next week for a 40th birthday, or should I just bring some?

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought some CCs at the Los Suenos resort in Costa Rica. A small LCDH in the shopping plaza of the resort, separate from the the adjacent Marriott Hotel facility. My son met the owner at the pool, got a decent discount on the price. No problem bringing them home. Since we were stocked up, didn't need to check out the duty-free shop.

Posts: 230 | Location: seminole, fl, usa | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maddog87
posted Hide Post
I never had any luck in Liberia but if you manage to make your way to San Jose I found a nice little shop down town with a decent selection and reasonable prices. Sorry I don't remember the name of it but if you ask a cabbie I'm sure they can help you out.

Posts: 66 | Location: Edmonton.  | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't Cuban Cigars still be illegal there since its a US territory?

Posts: 28 | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you confused with Puerto Rico? Costa Rica is not a US territory.

Posts: 98 | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post