Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Food, Drink and Travel    Aussie heading to New York in April
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aussie heading to New York in April
 Login/Join

Picture of Polar bear
posted
It looks like I'll be heading to the big apple in the last week of April for a couple of weeks.
What are some good B&Ms/ lounges to check out and where are they located?
Also, any chance one of these locations have an event scheduled? That sorta stuff is pretty thin on the ground over here and I'd love to go to one.

I'll be staying with family in Brooklyn.

Posts: 462 | Location: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have three that I stick to, Nat Shermans, Club Macanudo off Madison Ave and Davidoff on 5th Ave.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Miami and New York | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of See Gar
posted Hide Post
You'll have a great time, 'Bear. First time? Some great little clubs there if you like (arguably) the best jazz on the planet.

Posts: 1506 | Location: London, United Kingdom | Registered: August 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Polar bear
posted Hide Post
I love me some Jazz
Names and addresses please?

Posts: 462 | Location: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mbrogan82
posted Hide Post
Cool little place, often with Jazz bands playing!

http://nyccigarbars.net/carnegie-club.html

My other humidor is an ashtray!

Posts: 170 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: November 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shecky
posted Hide Post
There's also a B&M in Manhattan called cigar inn that has a decent selection of sticks along with a lounge. Has 2 locations. I like the one on 53rd street and 2nd avenue. Also where are you staying in BK? Williamsburg has a ton of spots for local music along with amazing food in the area at much affordable prices compared to manhattan. Email me if you need more info.

living the dream...

Posts: 217 | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mellison
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mellison:
The Carnegie Club (a cigar bar) on West 56th used to have a jazz band every Friday evening.
Very nice place to relax.
Worth calling to see if they still have the Jazz on Fridays.

"Enjoy Every Sandwich" Warren Zevon

Posts: 656 | Location: NYC | Registered: August 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post