Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dear Editors    Big Smoke in San Francisco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Smoke in San Francisco
 Login/Join

Picture of dangolf18
posted
Do you guys foresee there being any big smokes in San Francisco anytime soon...I believe there have been several there in the past(?).

Posts: 2734 | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sactochris
posted Hide Post
I would think that highly unlikely to happen.

Posts: 2671 | Location: Northern California | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dangolf18
posted Hide Post
I agree, but it's happened in the past. And to be honest, with all the wealth in Silicon Valley and in the Bay Area in general, I think it could be a big success.

quote:
Originally posted by sactochris:
I would think that highly unlikely to happen.

Posts: 2734 | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elektrik Effekt
posted Hide Post
I would looooove to see this happen in SF!

Posts: 241 | Location: SF | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of famoso2166
posted Hide Post
If the city of SF had a problem with a couple of hundred cigar smokers congregating, how about holding the Big Smoke on Alcatraz Island. Maybe in the old prison itself!

Supercharged is currently under moderator censorship for no good reason.

Posts: 876 | Location: cold,crappy Canada | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this is an older thread, but the California smoking laws make holding a Big Smoke impossible. I don't think CA would hold it outdoors, and even finding a city that would allow it in the Bay area could be tough.

They did hold some in San Francisco during the cigar fad of the mid 1990s.

Posts: 826 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sactochris
posted Hide Post
I would be shocked to ever see another major cigar event take place in the city by the bay.

Posts: 2671 | Location: Northern California | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Executive Editor
Cigar Aficionado
Picture of David Savona
posted Hide Post
The last one I remember in San Fran was back in 1995 or 1996. It was a great Big Smoke. Sadly, the change in California smoking laws made it very hard for us to do the event there again.

Posts: 3197 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: April 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post