Cigar Aficionado Online    Cigar Aficionado Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Group Cigar Reviews    SAN CRISTOBAL de la Habana O´Reilly
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAN CRISTOBAL de la Habana O´Reilly
 Login/Join

Picture of A Work Of Art
posted
wow.
This is one amazing cigar and one of the best I have ever had the privledge of smoking. I took one out of my book and the aroma is magnificent!

It started out with a stunning aroma and finish of cocoa and sweet butter.
The entire experience was consistent throughout and the flavors so complex and full bodied and only became more pronounced as I got further to the end.

To me the flavors were easily identifiable - Cocoa, Honey, Caramel, cinnamon, Sweet butter and a touch of leather.

The quality was just an incredible example of what the finest cuban tobacco is supposed to be like. This was one of my best purchases in recent years and well worth the premium price. I can't imagine what these will be like in a few more years.

The burn was a tad uneven but it was so silky smooth delicious I didn't care one bit. This is easily a 96 score in my book.

Posts: 4046 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
Nice! I remember a couple years back I asked "What's a SCDLH O'Reilly"?...nobody answered me...LOL

Sounds like a delicious smoke!

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AlphaWolf
posted Hide Post
Impressive.

Have you ever tried a Muralla?

AW

Posts: 617 | Location: The great state of Confusion | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaWolf:
Impressive.

AW

I would doubt they would be in the same league even.

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A Work Of Art
posted Hide Post
Yes, and I have had most of that Marca and they can be quite flavorful. But as Shlomo says... not even in the same zip code.

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaWolf:
Impressive.

AW

Picture of bpierson
posted Hide Post
Awesome. [jealous]

~~~
"I'm stupid, but I might not be crazy." - Hanno Breuckner

~~~
"At my age, you sweet talk to get OUT of a tight spot, not to get in to one." - ImTripN2

Posts: 4412 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A Work Of Art
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Steve for the heads up on these.
What would I do without ya!! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Cohen:
I have 1/2 a Cohiba Sublime Extra book, and the O'Reilly's are better. They remind me of the CGR festival cigar.

Picture of pyramidsam
posted Hide Post
Found a site that sells 2 for $129. Ouch. $65 a piece is too much money to burn. Anybody wants to trade for one?

To smoke or not to smoke, that's the question.

Posts: 1307 | Registered: June 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pTr939
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pyramidsam:
Found a site that sells 2 for $129. Ouch. $65 a piece is too much money to burn. Anybody wants to trade for one?

honestly i think they're worth it. i enjoyed the O'Reilly just as much as the CGR.. but O'Reillys cost only half the CGRs' price... and they can only get better with time & care

spot on review AWOA!

** as el guapo always say: godspeed & party on **

Posts: 2113 | Location: joizey+nyc | Registered: April 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CosaNostra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A Work Of Art:
wow.
This is one amazing cigar and one of the best I have ever had the privledge of smoking. I took one out of my book and the aroma is magnificent

Just got my book last month. You're right-on-the-nose. They do smell magnificent!! So much so, that the thought occured to get another. LOL so far, still just a thought. Haven't burned one yet though, but reading this heightens the anticipation bigtime.
Thanks for your review!!

I'll be honest, reading your review and seeing the comments after is the reason I bought the book.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Posts: 687 | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A Work Of Art
posted Hide Post
You are going to cherish these babies my friend. They are unbelieveable. If the flavor was a bit "thicker" I would have bumped it to a 97-98 Enjoy!

quote:
Originally posted by CosaNostra:
quote:
wow.
This is one amazing cigar and one of the best I have ever had the privledge of smoking. I took one out of my book and the aroma is magnificent

Just got my book last month. You're right-on-the-nose. They do smell magnificent!! So much so, that the thought occured to get another. LOL so far, still just a thought. Haven't burned one yet though, but reading this heightens the anticipation bigtime.
Thanks for your review!!

I'll be honest, reading your review and seeing the comments after is the reason I bought the book.

posted Hide Post
quote:
You are going to cherish these babies my friend. They are unbelieveable. If the flavor was a bit "thicker" I would have bumped it to a 97-98 Enjoy!

quote:
Originally posted by CosaNostra:
quote:
wow.

Thanks for your review!!

They better be THAT good for close to $50/stick. Then again, same range as the Cohiba 1966 Red Face . I wish I could roll like that.

Posts: 424 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jkdyer1
posted Hide Post
I can not wait to try one!

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: April 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im glad I got in on the split of them now

Disabled toilets ironically the only toilets big enough to run around in

Posts: 945 | Location: Ireland | Registered: October 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A Work Of Art
posted Hide Post
Let me know what ya think brother.
Remember to let it sit for a while.

quote:
Originally posted by jkdyer1:
I can not wait to try one!

Picture of Uniquedetail
posted Hide Post
I had one last year and it was amazing right from the first light. It was a gift in a baller PIF I received!

Posts: 705 | Registered: October 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of A Work Of Art
posted Hide Post
They really are. I bought two books.. split one of them with another BOTL. Give credit to Steve Cohen for finding this gem.

quote:
Originally posted by Uniquedetail:
I had one last year and it was amazing right from the first light. It was a gift in a baller PIF I received!

Picture of Deadman's Point
posted Hide Post
quote:
Give credit to Steve Cohen for finding this gem.

I wish I could buy more of these gems on Steve Cohen's credit.

...actually, all of this is a lie...

Posts: 609 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They really are. I bought two books.. split one of them with another BOTL. Give credit to Steve Cohen for finding this gem.

quote:
Originally posted by Uniquedetail:

I've still got one left from when you split them up. One of these days I'll have enough time to sit down and relax with one of these.

Posts: 1069 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK sold. Where can I find a book?

"Wave 'em High"

Posts: 575 | Location: Central Coast, CA, USA | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post