posted
Size: Double Robusto
Little Havana Miami
Flavor profile: medium to full bodied smoke
Wrapper: Habano Ecuador Rosado
Binder: Habano Nicaragua
Filler: Habano Nicaragua
Construction: smooth, oily, medium-dark wrapper, dark brown wrapper

I originally tried this cigar from the Cigar Haus in New Braunfels Texas. I had never seen this brand before but the look of the label and the silky brown wrapper called out to be smoked. I found the wrapper to be tightly rolled but it has a smooth draw. The favors are earthy and spicy but not overpowering. It is well constructed and had a even burn producing plenty of smoke. The cigar starts with a full body but mellows a bit as you finish the first third. The ash is white and compact falling off in inch and a half clumps. I smoked the Sublimes to the nub and it finished as it started, a medium to full flavored, smooth enjoyable cigar. At $6 a stick it was well worth the price of admission. A hard to find brand but well worth the hunt!

Posts: 47 | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrainFreeze:
Size: Double Robusto
Little Havana Miami
Flavor profile: medium to full bodied smoke
Wrapper: Habano Ecuador Rosado
Binder: Habano Nicaragua
Filler: Habano Nicaragua
Construction: smooth, oily, medium-dark wrapper, dark brown wrapper

I originally tried this cigar from the Cigar Haus in New Braunfels Texas. I had never seen this brand before but the look of the label and the silky brown wrapper called out to be smoked. I found the wrapper to be tightly rolled but it has a smooth draw. The favors are earthy and spicy but not overpowering. It is well constructed and had a even burn producing plenty of smoke. The cigar starts with a full body but mellows a bit as you finish the first third. The ash is white and compact falling off in inch and a half clumps. I smoked the Sublimes to the nub and it finished as it started, a medium to full flavored, smooth enjoyable cigar. At $6 a stick it was well worth the price of admission. A hard to find brand but well worth the hunt!
Sounds like you found a GOOD $6 cigar, just send me a couple...is my credit good?

Ay! fo'ggeta 'bout it... I'm bustin' beans over here, eh!

Posts: 176 | Location: Some where in the woods, Pacific Southwest. | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
The brand is Little Havana Miami?

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9074 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shlomo:
The brand is Little Havana Miami?
They are called Sublimes.

http://sublimescigars.com/

Posts: 176 | Location: Some where in the woods, Pacific Southwest. | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
Ah. Thanks.

Proud member of the International Brotherhood of people who contributed nothing but wasted their whole lifetime grumbling and criticizing on things they do not remotely understand.

Posts: 9074 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shlomo:
Ah. Thanks.
You can get all the cubans you like in Montreal, no.

Picture of Shlomo
posted Hide Post
Yes. I still enjoy trying new stuff. I have no doubt you can get all the Cubans you want where you are from too.

Picture of IB Vitola
posted Hide Post
Not really. Got a couple R&J from my mother-in-law in Edmonton. Can't say they lived up to the hype.